• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Dodge Big Horn

petegianetti

Reaction score
Hi All, I am working on a 1975 Dodge Big Horn. The majority of the truck is in pretty good condition except for the doors. Does anyone have or know where I coud find some decent doors? These doors were interchangeable with many other years and model dodges. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

They used the same doors from the late 50's through 65. Not sure if there's different body lines or not, inside see different trim though, but I just glanced at the pictures and didn't study them.

That's a sweet truck, I'd love to have one even though I don't need it! Feel free to share any and all pictures of the truck.

Any history that can be shared on this rare find. Chrysler discontinued the big truck lines in 75.

I have had this truck for over 30 years. It use to pull a hess tanker before I purchased it. I had it totally reconditioned back in the late 80's. It started showing some wear and tear so I took it off the road over 10 years ago. I'm trying to re-store it again but as the old saying goes, "all it takes is time and money". It's a 1975 and from what I gather it is the very last one off the assembly line. Pecking away it right now and that is why I had the feelers out for some decent doors. Thanks for your interest.

It would be deducted to camper pulling duty only here.
This a diesel or gas powered rig? Trans and drive line?
Hennessy claims only 9 were built in 75 and they didn't go into particulars.
I have had the opportunity of working on a few of these old trucks. Just nothing that new. Most were late 50's and early 60's.

It's a cummins diesel 290 HP with a 13 speed road ranger and 38K lb rears. This picture is not great but it is when I had the first restoration done back in the late 80's. It was parked at a truck show.

Attachments

• big horn.jpg
    big horn.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 229
the cab looks tobe look a 58-60 dodge p'u , i know of a couple in a bone yard like mine smaller d series , does your look like its the same door and jam ?

Attachments

• DSC00007.JPG
    DSC00007.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 202
  • DSC03532.JPG
    DSC03532.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 197
  • DSC03528.JPG
    DSC03528.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 195
It's a cummins diesel 290 HP with a 13 speed road ranger and 38K lb rears. This picture is not great but it is when I had the first restoration done back in the late 80's. It was parked at a truck show.
I went to a truck show a few years back, no Big Horn, but they had a Brockway there, the last make i thought I'd see.

Last one for '75? Is there any way to back that up, paperwork or number-wise? That would be the cars meow if possible!

Back