• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

distributor compatibility

7mopar

Reaction score
Anyone tried installing a /6 distributor in the v6. Trying to figure out a way to do without the ecm and would like to go with points or old style electronic ignition.

I have not tried that one. The slant distributor has the gear attached to the shaft and the V8 (assuming the same as the 3.9) has the gear built on to the oil pump drive. You might be able to build something yourself using a V8 either points or electronic body and a slant points cam or reluctor wheel. May take several distributors worth of parts to mix and match, especially to get the advance curve you desire.

I forgot all about the gear. May be staying with la stuff and seeing if top parts will interchange.is the way to go. I need to do some yard looking. For what is in mind cap and shaft indexing will not be a problem as long as parts fit. If it doesnt work there is also a 318 sitting here.

Though more about this. 3.9 V6 port injection. No not going to happen and a waste of time.

Back