• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

DANA 70 & 60 Question

MeatAnt

Reaction score
Will dual rear wheel hubs from a Dana 70 rear bolt right up on a Dana 60 rear without any mods. I know some parts are interchangeable but not sure if these are.

I have no idea.
If you have the parts try it a let us know. If not some careful measurements should tell you what you need to know.
But I would doubt lug sizes being the same and drums are more than likely a different diameter and width.

I have no idea.
If you have the parts try it a let us know. If not some careful measurements should tell you what you need to know.
But I would doubt lug sizes being the same and drums are more than likely a different diameter and width.

I cant as I have neither of these rears. I had the opportunity to buy a 70 with hubs and dual wheels but I really want a 60. I thouht if I bought the 70 I could keep the wheels and hubs, sell the rest and buy a 60 and bolt on.

49257d1406854498-dana-70-strip-chassis-rear-axle-regular-body-e350-d70vsd60.jpg

Granted the axles in this pic have disc brakes, the 70 is bigger in the shafts and housing, I would think the huband drums would be too. Maybe you could try cross referencing parts to see if they match.

Back