• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Dakota seats

Slap Stick

Reaction score
Since the 92 and thereabouts Spirit, Acclaim, etc use the same dash as the 92 and thereabouts Dakota (the witdth may he a bit different) does anyone know if the front seat from the Spirit, etc is interchangeble with the Dakota? I'm sure (I could be wrong..me? NEVER!) the brackets are different as the Dakota's would be taller. The Sport seats are constructed differently and are much more comfortable.

Thanks for trying and reporting. Only seats Ive ever used in a Dak was a B2200 bucket. Needed a small extension on the outer front mount. Liked it though as the seat sat a lil higher than a stock seat. Those are long gone and so are any pics I had as I had a laptop die back in the day, never backed the pics up. :-( I'll be doing 97+ seats in a 94 in the near future. I'll document the swap. They do not just bolt in. I want the 2nd gen Dak console with the opening center console.

I just sold my 95 & bought back my 2000. I have a set of bucket seats from a first gen that I would like to have re-done & install in my 2000 RC. They are a much more comfortable seat then the second gen seats if you ask me. Just wondering if the seat to bracket bolts line up or not. Have any of you done this swap?

I have a set of bucket seats from a first gen that I would like to have re-done & install in my 2000 RC. Just wondering if the seat to bracket bolts line up or not. Have any of you done this swap?
Since 97+ dont bolt in a 87-96 its safe to say vice versa is true.

If I can put Intrepid seat in an 82 D150 cab it could be done. Just will not be a bolt in. Hope there are is no seat belt or seat sensors involved. Getting to be where direct bolt in's will not work on count of the required wiring from one year to the next.

I know the seat tracks themselves are different, what I was wondering was will the seats from the 95 I had, will bolt to the seat TRACKS in the 2nd gen Dakotas? I guess I could pull a seat out of my 2000 & see, but was just curious if anyone did this. I can fab up seat tracks if I need to, but would rather not.

Back