• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Dakota bed patch metal?

snate66

Reaction score
any sources out there for options? I found the wheel arches and wheel well pieces but no listing for Dakota bed floor. only need a couple small patches.

ha! no, that clean shiny straight rust-free 04 is now gone. Or at least the insurance company is auctioning it off....
just grabbed a decent 03 Dakota ex cab with some bad bed spots.

Currently debating practicing some patch panel welding in the truck bed or....buying a bed from a salvage yard. Found one not too far away for around $300.

All I have seen is the wheel arches. I need to patch the outer wheel house that is rusted behind the wheel arch, but it looks like that's a cut and beat to fit...lol. I had thought about buying double patches for both sides, and just using one to patch the wheel house, and the other to patch the bed side. They're only like 40 bucks each, so that would be easier than making them, and they would probably fit better. I've got a welder, but I think I'm just gonna use panel bond adhesive on them.

Let us know how that works. On a non structural component I have given it some consideration.

Back