• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

d150 engine swap big block qustions

Tj15765

Reaction score
So I have a 82 d150 with a 69 HP 440 in it and I got a few questions one of witch is what radiator would fit nicely in it if anybody has done this . Also driving the truck I get alot of axle wrap what can help this I am replacing the mopar 8.25 (2.71 ratio)with a mopar 9.25 (3.55 ratio) and does anybody have a recommendation for lsd or locker

CalTracs for traction / prevent axle wrap, wait until you have new axle assembly installed, and use their measurement sheet to get the right ones. On the cheap, get some slapper bars. LSD for 9.25", Auburn Gear has one that will fit all years of 9.25" axle, Eaton TruTrac will fit 1984 (?) and up axles that have ABS tone ring, if axle is 1983 and older, tone ring flange on TruTrac will have to be removed by machined cut to fit inside older housings. For the radiator I got a Champion aluminum radiator, good value, make sure you get the right one, the water pump on my engine has passenger side inlet. If your water pump is driver side inlet one of the B body radiators of the same size should work. Get / make a fan shroud. Have fun! I'm doing similar swap in '78 D150 Utiline short box. Post some pics of the engine bay of your truck, my engine is still on a stand. Thanks!

Last edited:
Back