• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

D100 in NZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks , but i'm still working on them all at once . i've been modifing the 60 d100 , its been fun building it from castoff and swapped out parts i've picked up . here it is at the beginning , and a couple pics of the modified front suspension , eng package , which will charge to a 6 71 blower package , dash steering and shifter , again shifter is beening changed out for an a100 type

13090011.jpg

13090012.jpg

DSC03264.JPG

DSC03265.JPG

DSC03266.JPG

DSC03450.JPG

DSC03771.JPG

DSC03776.JPG

DSC03583.JPG

DSC03781.JPG

its still in the ruff , but getting closer . going to get the but down . i'll be modifing the rear end and suspension . i did some frame boxing up front be doing something like that on the rear as well . last was what it started from .

DSC03452.JPG

DSC03453.JPG

DSC03454.JPG

DSC03455.JPG

DSC03536.JPG

DSC04071.JPG

DSC00007.JPG

DSC04068.JPG

13090013.jpg

these are cool trucks for sure , but i like my late 30's pickups as well in fact my 38 d100 will be a salt flats racer with a blown early hemi modified abit . two 37 d100's and a 37 d100 i've been collecting for a long time now . so it's one at a time until i die , lol . and a pic of some of my early hemi stuff . the alum alloy donovan 417 block is for an austin a40 coupe for a blown street drag car . and i have an austin a40 pickup coming as well . as i said i have plenty of projects , enough for two life times . lol

DSC08150.JPG

DSC08154.JPG

DSC08156.JPG

DSC08169.JPG

DSC08173.JPG

DSC08146.JPG

DSC08177.JPG

DSC01695.JPG

DSC01664.JPG

DSC06653.JPG

I got over to my son's shed today and found the parts I was speaking of. This is it for front end stuff. I don't have any usable door handles or window handles there is however some other misc stuff from the two trucks, all small stuff like maybe a extra fan motor and some misc interior stuff there might be some of the mount bushings from the leaf springs somewhere? Anyway next time I'm there I'll see if I can get some photos. The stuff in the pictures here is all available cheap if you want it. Let me know.

Hi mopar56 and thank you for digging out those steering parts.
All looks familiar.
What price would you want and do you know what state the ball joints in that link arm are in?
Definitely interested - I'd need to know freight price too if it's not too much of an inconvenience for you to find out.
Thanks again

Pomonamissel that is an impressive collection you have and that fabrication work you're doing on the '60 looks awesome. Wow - inspiring. Thanks for sharing this.
Carburetor linkages (from what I can see) between block and firewall on the '60 looks familiar - had similar looking set up on the early slant six engines I had in valiants.
I too love those late '30s trucks - someone here has a '37 or '38 fargo that needs restoration but it's quite intact and original. I couldn't get him to sell it, certainly not in my price range.
We seemed to end up with a strange combination of vehicles here in NZ over the years. Our roadscapes were dominated until '70s by shitloads of English stuff, lesser numbers of American, Australian, later '70s saw more Japanese and Australian vehicles. We were once quite good at keeping old vehicles running here, probably in many cases, beyond intended lifespan - there were improvisations... then in the '80s/'90s someone figured second hand Japanese vehicles could be imported relatively cheaply and masses of these came in with one side effect being that many of the more interesting vehicles were suddenly deemed obsolete and many were scrapped. Sad.
I have a couple of vehicles but I am trying to offload most in an attempt to focus my finances and efforts on this d100. Limited means!
Also have valiant (last of the Australian ones) which is a good runner and I'm trying to get rid of a dead but restorable WC51 and a tidy little'38 Austin 10.
Can't afford to have them all and neither do I have your level of skill - again, really impressed by what you're doing there.

20230325_104905.jpg

20230118_174454.jpg

20230326_111120.jpg

Pomonamissel, are those parts of LA rocker covers (or something similar) that you've welded in to the firewall on the '60? Just noticed the shape. Brilliant

Pomonamissel that is an impressive collection you have and that fabrication work you're doing on the '60 looks awesome. Wow - inspiring. Thanks for sharing this.
Carburetor linkages (from what I can see) between block and firewall on the '60 looks familiar - had similar looking set up on the early slant six engines I had in valiants.
I too love those late '30s trucks - someone here has a '37 or '38 fargo that needs restoration but it's quite intact and original. I couldn't get him to sell it, certainly not in my price range.
We seemed to end up with a strange combination of vehicles here in NZ over the years. Our roadscapes were dominated until '70s by shitloads of English stuff, lesser numbers of American, Australian, later '70s saw more Japanese and Australian vehicles. We were once quite good at keeping old vehicles running here, probably in many cases, beyond intended lifespan - there were improvisations... then in the '80s/'90s someone figured second hand Japanese vehicles could be imported relatively cheaply and masses of these came in with one side effect being that many of the more interesting vehicles were suddenly deemed obsolete and many were scrapped. Sad.
I have a couple of vehicles but I am trying to offload most in an attempt to focus my finances and efforts on this d100. Limited means!
Also have valiant (last of the Australian ones) which is a good runner and I'm trying to get rid of a dead but restorable WC51 and a tidy little'38 Austin 10.
Can't afford to have them all and neither do I have your level of skill - again, really impressed by what you're doing there.

View attachment 22594

View attachment 22596

View attachment 22597
I'd be asking a lot of questions on that WC51 if you were stateside. That Austin looks pretty good too!

daryn thanks it's a hit n miss on finding parts for my phankindodge , those firewall bumps were a 270 gmc rocker cover cut up a bit , lol . and locumob that intake will find another project i'm sure i've got a home for it in the hoard , lol . but i love that austin , i've got a few a40's a 2 door coupe and a 4 door sedan , and my latest purchase of a a40 pickup and a rolling frame for my coupe . the coupe and the pickup will end up with early chrysler engines for that gasser look .

DSC06267.JPG

DSC06268.JPG

DSC04704.JPG

DSC04707.JPG

austin%20pics%20January%2008%20011[1].jpg

thumbnail_7-5-2020- austin-paul-200s-rolf-marko 41 063.jpg

thumbnail_183-8366_IMG.jpg

thumbnail_Cab kinda.jpg

DSC01695.JPG

48 a40 austin devon cutoff.jpg

i did take note of your m37 , it looks like a 40's to 60's unit . my avatar is a 41 wc 1/2 ton , it was a command car at one time . my father purchased it in the early 70 , fropm a orchard rancher that had cut the body off behind the front seat and added the flatbed , my pop put the dodge cab on it . i learned to drive in it at 14 years old .

DSC04743.JPG

DSC04745.JPG

DSC04746.JPG

DSC04747.JPG

DSC04748.JPG

DSC04750.JPG

DSC04751.JPG

DSC04752.JPG

DSC04762.JPG

DSC04768.JPG

Just sold blue WC51 which I believe was a weapons carrier. I think your 1/2 ton has huge potential. I am selling my peripheral treasures so I can focus on my '59. Just replaced drag link as one further, small step toward 'compliance' - getting it road legal - they are pretty strict about things here in red-tape-land.
Seems early MoPar is in your DNA - my more memorable early driving experiences were in Valiants. Again, what an amazing collection you have man. Austin A40 pickup - we had many A40s here - definitely one of the better English offerings - very nice. If I ever make it to your part of the world I must look you up!

darln , i'm looking for any door and rear quarter trim i can get for my two door coupe and as always i'm looking for flying a's for the hood .

DSC04705.JPG

DSC04701.JPG

DSC04707.JPG

48 a40 austin devon cutoff.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back