• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

choosing the right hubs.

restore 3

Gunshot 22
Reaction score
Thanks again for the info. The fluid, bolts and the data on the axle housing and vacuum line and sending unit all make sense and while I dont have that CAD axle, I can tell you that putting the wire on the sending unit BEFORE installing the T/C would have been a good idea! lol I'm prepping for the NE storm so today was pretty hectic! The Bolts on the D/S flange will not take 7/16 or 10mm. I researched an article that used lock nuts and longer bolts, and another where they drilled the holes out to 7/16 and then tapped them? Needless to say the 3/8th bolts torqued in then locked up was the logical (Spock) way to go. Tomorrow will be the test!! I'll pick up a set of mile markers tomorrow also. put them in first thing. This is a no licensed off-road snow plow so I have a little lea way. Ya know I was all over that axle and the only #s I found were casting no.'s and the ratio tag. (4:56's) thats it. No BOM tag and no numbers on the axle tube? I have no clue what this is Im guessing a Dana 60 from the early 80's. Im just gonnna have to match the hub at the parts store I guess? All else is cool. Thanks again.

Yeah , It's definitely easier to plug that wire on as your putting in the T Case . lol No CAD system ? Then there definitely pre 1985 axles under the truck . I'm guessing from what you said in your other thread that there from a truck between 81 and 85 . The front would be either a dana 44 or a 60 and the rear is more then likely a 70 . As far as the bolt size go's for the front shaft . I'm almost positive that they should be 7/16" thread because I always use a 5/8" wrench every time I've pulled one out . Which I believe ( but don't quote me ) is a 7/16" thread bolt . Just for the hell of it I check the three spare T Case's I have and they all take the same size bolts with a 5/8" head . But I'm glad to hear that your up and rolling again anyways , I just got threw with a storm the other night and I'm getting ready for a small one for tomorrow .

Back