• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Chicken coop

Sorry havent been on in a while. It is work out pretty good, Thanks. I am thinking about doing an expansion though they look a little crowded now that they are full grown.
They don't require much roost space except in hot weather. You plan on building another and increasing pen space?

I am a new (french) member and I discover the content of your forum. It is very friendly and cool, people can talk about everything. I think it is impossible today to find a discussion about a chicken coop on a cars/trucks forum in France.
Several years ago there was a place named "Le cafe de Ferdinand" (in link with Ferdinand Porsche) on the VW air-cooled forum Flat4ever.com where members could have non VW air-cooled discussions but it was closed because there was always someone to say bad things and criticize what others were doing :)
Happy to discover another world, thank you, great chicken coop !

It is very different and refreshing attitude around here. I am glad I found this forum and im sure you will be too.

Thanks! Put a lot of work into that coop.

They don't require much roost space except in hot weather. You plan on building another and increasing pen space?

I'm thinking about adding on to the outside pen area. They don't get out as much as I thought they would especially in the winter. If I remember my dimensions correct they have 8sqft each of ground space now which is about the minimum recommended. I think I figured out plans to add another 6+sqrt per chicken without causing too much headache with it's current lication. So they have 14+sqft of outdoor space each. The attached picture is what I'm thinking.

All of the blue would be new

received_1827113113975150.jpeg

I'm thinking about adding on to the outside pen area. They don't get out as much as I thought they would especially in the winter. If I remember my dimensions correct they have 8sqft each of ground space now which is about the minimum recommended. I think I figured out plans to add another 6+sqrt per chicken without causing too much headache with it's current lication. So they have 14+sqft of outdoor space each. The attached picture is what I'm thinking.

All of the blue would be new

View attachment 12472
When it warms up they will go where to food and water is.
Inside or out.

Back