• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Can you believe this guy?

NoDakMopar

Reaction score
I was at a club event recently and was approached by a fellow wanting to know if I would be willing to part with my truck. He wanted a Sweptline for a "Rat-Rod" project. I didn't say what I was really thinking, just politely declined.

IMG_1281.JPG

That's a nice looking truck, too nice to start a rat rod project. Some guy's don't think before opening there mouths

Some people just have no clue. 47 yrs would have been wasted. Just stupid.
I agree, like when bozos on TV get some old car that has some uniqueness to it, just to chop it up for a customer who wants some radical dumbass style "cool-mobile" so they can show off how much money they wasted.

I agree, like when bozos on TV get some old car that has some uniqueness to it, just to chop it up for a customer who wants some radical dumbass style "cool-mobile" so they can show off how much money they wasted.

I really think it's some form of arrogance or maybe even mental illness. If he took that outstanding looking survivor truck and made it a rat rod. He could then boast to everyone, "look what I did". "look how I did this".
Over the past year or so, I've seen 2 or 3 dodge trucks of that vintage on Craigslist that were already in ratty condition. Repair the brakes and do some under hood work and you would already have a rat rod. But , that would only take basic mechanical skills and probably none of it would "show" to others.

Speaking of bozos on TV; there was TV show, I think it was called Limpu and Pitbull. Anyway, the owner wants to customize his Ford Sable wagon. They cut up a 2 door 1966 Chevy Impala to graft parts onto the Ford. Ugleeeeee and stupid. I'm a Mopar guy, but that's a cool car, those old Chevy's. Certainly a collector item.

Limpu and Pitbull.
I only saw 1 episode where they built some guy a truck, and put Nissan Maxima headlights in it. It worked but it wasn't necessary. Sure it was different, but it was like he used crap from other vehicles/manufacturers just to say he did.

what why i do not watch tv or cable bs shows . but remember most of the nation or the world can't even change their own spark plugs and oil . its sad really . before i was taught to drive i was schooled on the maintenance . and its importance . was talking with an old bud of mine . he told me his kid was so into screen games he didn't have time for his projects . wanted dad to finish them for them . they sat for four years dead in his driveway . and now its dad's fault there not done . dad told him he would work with him on them . thats not good enough . the kids time is to full of bs to help or finish them . so he told the kid to come get his cars , so far ones gone with no sign of the other moving soon .

Back