• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Camo test

Rodewaryer

Rodewaryer
Reaction score
Had an idea after someone planted a bug in the brain about camo schemes. I usually don't go for them but wanted to know what one would look like if done with constraint, leaving bumpers, door handle etc alone. I did this in MS paint. The red shot is the way the truck is now. I say...it looks a lot better than spraying paint over the trim and the door handles and bumpers....etc. And yes, the wheels are even done in the lighter of the two colors.
98 wRoof Rack on Dunlops LSide Camo Test Redu.JPG
98 wRoof Rack on Dunlops LSide Redu.JPG

I like it it definitely looks better leaving the trim black. Personally I wouldn't do the rims to match I'd leave them or maybe get a nice set of black ones, maybe the ones that look like bead lockers.

I like it it definitely looks better leaving the trim black. Personally I wouldn't do the rims to match I'd leave them or maybe get a nice set of black ones, maybe the ones that look like bead lockers.

You did notice they are tan in the camo pic then, right, and not still silver...? I think in reality they would not appear as shiny as I did them, I took every reflection in the silver wheel, and turned it into a variation of tan. Probably should have made them a bit more satin looking would have been better.

You did notice they are tan in the camo pic then, right, and not still silver...? I think in reality they would not appear as shiny as I did them, I took every reflection in the silver wheel, and turned it into a variation of tan. Probably should have made them a bit more satin looking would have been better.
Yeah and they don't look bad by any means. I just think if it were my rig I'd probably do black rims I'm not too big into color mached rims. Nice photo shopping by the way.

Yeah and they don't look bad by any means. I just think if it were my rig I'd probably do black rims I'm not too big into color mached rims. Nice photo shopping by the way.

Please note, this was not photoshop, I think photoshop would have been easy by comparison. MS Paint is more or less like drawing the whole thing out. I ended up with an hour in one wheel, then hours on the body when I realized how long it was taking I decided to finish as to not waste what I'd done. I really should learn how to use photoshop...

Please note, this was not photoshop, I think photoshop would have been easy by comparison. MS Paint is more or less like drawing the whole thing out. I ended up with an hour in one wheel, then hours on the body when I realized how long it was taking I decided to finish as to not waste what I'd done. I really should learn how to use photoshop...

Sorry yeah I was just using photo shop for lack of a better term

Discovery at Roosevelt Mar 2016.JPG
Nice wheel, but I am not personally a black wheel fan, I like to see the wheels. On trucks, not as bad I don't suppose, but I was a car guy first I say it turns exotic cars into ghetto-mobiles.

I have Outback TX-1's on my main Land Rover....

View attachment 8736 Nice wheel, but I am not personally a black wheel fan, I like to see the wheels. On trucks, not as bad I don't suppose, but I was a car guy first I say it turns exotic cars into ghetto-mobiles.

I have Outback TX-1's on my main Land Rover....

I understand. To each there own. I really like those outbacks.

iam a camo nut, I wear it all the time, and I really like what u did, I never liked when they cover the bumpers and door handles with camo, and just my opinion I think I would like the black rims, all my 4x4s have black rims, and I have 5 of them.

You have not gone to armour protected trail tires. Also steel wheels are the only way to go for serious off roading. You may bend one but will not break just because it fell on a rock.
The tires are LT tires Cooper Discoverer STT's and sturdy enough but clearly you have not heard of Outback TX-1 wheels on off road vehicles. They have a reputation as being very well made and also very strong.

After throwing 1 33" mud tire and rim on top of my old 92 Blazer, I came to the same conclusion.

Alright, someone else agrees. I imagine your 33 mudder is heavier than mine too.

I seem to get some silence at times, especially within the off road club I'm in when discussing the second spare. Could be they are mulling over the appeal of a second spare, or it could be they're just stalling due to how awkward it is conversing with someone too weird to react to. :)

Or they are just trying to figure out why you need a spare when a tire can be repaired on the trail.

Or they are just trying to figure out why you need a spare when a tire can be repaired on the trail.
You can always do that as well, I have that option covered as a last resort. I am equipping my vehicle for overlanding for longer distances and periods than weekend or day offroaders usually set up for.

Back