• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Scoots

Reaction score
Ok, this will be my official build thread and I beg you to be patient as I have a business, wife, 2 teenage daughters and love boating so this build will be an on going process.

Little back story and I'll try not to bore you to death. Started street racing a 71 Duster, 318, 1.88 heads, stock 340 cam, 3:55 gear, in the late 80's into the early 90's. Helped build and bought a 73 Cuda with a 383hp, 415 heads, 4spd, 4:30 gears and raced that every weekend. Then got a 70 Cuda with a mild 440 and well yeah.. street raced that amazingly enough. lol.

Was 15 and dated a girl and in her neighborhood was a red 73 Challenger Rallye 340. Used to drool over it and during the time I owned the 70 Cuda the Chally came up for sale in the local paper. I had just been in an accident with a drunk driver, head on in my 84 Colt turbo and sued the pants off him so I had the cash. Kid was asking 3500, stole it for 2400! Raced it a bit but was so used to the torque of a big block I tried to rebuild the Chally and get the power I was looking for, not to be. Sold the 70 Cuda and kept the Chally because it was numbers matching engine and in 2000 when my first was born, the Chally went into storage (still is). Not too big of a deal cause I read an article about what a sleeper a Dakota was and my new love was born..

Found a 94, reg cab, short bed, V6 2wd that was dirty as hell but super straight in a j/y and was only 6 years old! lol, all my other cars were much older. The engine was shot so I bought a low mileage 3.9 and started tuning, well as much as you can tune on a 3.9. Hand ported V8 TB, hand ported heads, cut the intake runners and attached plating to reduce plenum volume, Mopar PCM, MSD delay box, Accel chrome coil, 3k stall converter, Turbo Action shift kit set to kill (short of reverse pattern), E body 8 3/4 rear with my Chally rebuilt Sure Grip 4.10's and eventually a home brewed NX wet kit up to 150 before I stopped. I loved how ever damn thing i did to that lil Dak rewarded me in spades! All my years with my E bodys and they were never as reliable and so much fun.

Many Dak's later here I am. Now my daughters want to go race so this lil 93 is now our toy. Im keeping the drivetrain for now as its a dead nutz reliable 3.9 5spd and both the girls want to learn to drive a stick. Soon as they are confident, that crap is coming out!

Pics of all my junk over the years and now..

70Cuda.jpg

BackInTheDay.jpg

21037_239900119406_690884406_3001107_4535283_n-1.jpg

profile.jpg

IMG_20171027_131123251.jpg

They will catch on and learning to drive the manual opens up horizons.
Good looking group of vehicles you got.

Back