• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Buying New Pickup

AlexanderMorgane

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Got a question and I would like to hear some opinions. I’m in market for a new pickup right now, so far I more leaning towards a Tundra, as I’ve read countless comments about the notorious reliability of the 5.7, with 300k miles being a trouble free reachable number with regular maintenance. I was wondering if there other options I should take a look at ? The 5.0 F150 with 10 gear transmission does seem to be like an interesting option but I’m worried about reliability. I quite honestly don’t care about any options, mpg, and bells and whistles, etc... my main concern is to buy a reliable truck. Thanks I’m advance!

I wouldn't get a Toyota even if it were free, gas for it was free, insurance was free. Or nissan. Or honduh. Or hyundai. Or kia. An embarrassment to see any of those in the driveway. If I had to buy a brand new truck and it wasn't gonna be a Dodge/Ràm, the only choice would be a Chevy. Ford's are junk, as a fleet mechanic for the state of illinois, I see plenty of ford "better ideas".

I really like Chevy and Ram. My experience with the new 5.0 is limited and I don't know about the 10 speed. I have only worked on a few 5.0's and nothing major yet.

I have always been a Chevy guy but I had a friend that just got a new Ram and I was really impressed very nice truck. That would be the 2 I would look at.

The Ram truck has been the Motor Trend truck of the year, for the past three years. Pretty nice truck to drive, i pull a 10000 lb RV with mine.

just wish I could find a reg cab with 8' bed, that is something besides white in a newer Dodge. In 35 years of being a licensed driver I have never owned anything else/ farthest Ive strayed from the Mopar "tree" was 2, XJ Cherokees, and 2 Wranglers.
besides hating the 4 door look, the beds on those trucks are all but useless...... which is why I bought an 85 D150 last year, and am currently redoing that one.

Back