• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Buying a 2021 Ford F-150 with Pending Recalls. Should I?

Matin789

Reaction score
Hello, fellow car enthusiasts,

I'm thrilled to be a part of this community, and I could use your valuable insights on an exciting prospect I've come across. I've stumbled upon a 2021 Ford F-150 that has really caught my eye, and I'm eager to hear your thoughts on it before making any decisions.

Here are the details for the 2021 Ford F-150:
  • Year: 2021
  • Make: Ford
  • Model: F-150
  • Trim: XLT
  • Mileage: 4,207
  • Color: Oxford White / Black/Medium Dark Slate
  • Body: Crew Cab
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Engine: 3.5 L 6 Cyl
  • Fuel: Gasoline
  • Drive: 4WD
  • MPG: 17 City / 23 Hwy

The 2021 Ford F-150 seems like a real powerhouse, and the low mileage is quite appealing. I love the Crew Cab setup, and the color is soothing. However, I discovered that the truck has some recall records, and that's what has me a bit cautious.

If any of you have experience with the 2021 Ford F-150 or have encountered recall records in the past, I'd greatly appreciate your insights. How has the F-150 performed for you? Have you had any experience dealing with recalls, and how were they addressed?

Additionally, I want to make sure that I'm doing a thorough evaluation of the truck to ensure it's in top-notch condition. Are there any specific areas I should closely inspect or questions I should ask the seller to gain a better understanding of the truck's history and maintenance?

Your expertise and advice would mean the world to me as I consider this 2021 Ford F-150 as my potential new ride. I'm eagerly looking forward to hearing from you all and having a great discussion about this impressive truck!
1690499391159.png

we left calif and went to mich and then back to calif with a f150 v6 auto od , we bought parts there and bought a car back from mich . no issues to speak of . got good fuel mileage both ways . didn't care for the trans , very hard to select the proper gear form climbing hills and then the down grade . but it was my first time driving that truck .

DSC02861.JPG

DSC02862.JPG

Thanks to everyone that contributed - Here is the craigslist post - 2021 Ford F-150 4x4 4WD F150 Truck XLT Crew Cab - cars & trucks - by...

After my initial physical examination, I was able to run a VIN check to actually see if I had missed anything.

It was good to see that the vehicle had a clean title and has little or no damage. The report also showed that there were lien and loan records. This is something I need to look into.

With this information I'm very sure I'll make the best decision.

Here's the vehicle report for anyone who wants to check it out - Vehicle History Report for VIN: 1FTFW1E87MFC87403

I understand your concern. I recently purchased a 2016 F-150 XL from an online dealership using a Vehicle Inspection Report to help me assess the condition of the car before I bought it. This was helpful because it gave me peace of mind knowing that I was getting a reliable vehicle.

No... Not because of the recalls but because it's a Ford first and second because it's a v6

I got my 2016 Ram (in 8/2022)with a incomplete recall listed! The recall is on the truck, makes no difference who owns it or how many people have owned it. They still cover the recall. Just tell them that is all you want if that is all you want.

Guys. being in the Car Business, here's some advice.

1. If you are considering buying a vehicle with recalls on it, call the dealership and see if the parts are available to do the recall. Lots of parts on B/O because of the Covid backlog.
2. Before buying a used unit, check the dealerships for newer unsold units of the same model . A lot of trucks from all the manufacturers were late in being released due to parts shortages and are sitting around unsold. Dealerships are extremely anxious to sell them to make room for new models. Great discounts and incentives available.
3. Do not, under any circumstance, buy electric right now. The market is flooded and about to collapse. The financial fallout from Manufacturers being pushed into this false market is going to be epic..

Back