• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Budnicks --- Newbie over from FBBO

Budnicks

Old Dog But Learning New Tricks
Reaction score
Joeychgo suggested I check the site out... Hey I'm Budnicks, I'm 53 y/o, I live in the NorCal Central Sierra foothills in Sonora Ca.... I'm originally from Concord Ca. {Born & raised} & Lived in Rancho Murieta Golf Community for 10 years before moving to Sonora to help take car of my elderly old Pops, purchased a house there, to get him down off the mountain, so he doesn't have to deal with the snow so much, he has lived here in the area for 30+ years now, so I sold my place in the valley RM & moved up there to be with Pops in 2007, I have an old Lab/Dog "Lord Budnicks", my screen name sake, my boy... I'm a regular from over at For B Bodies Only Mopar forum, I'm a long time drag racer, I love football, love Golf, I'm self employed Golf Pro & Contractor... I have owned quite a few Pick ups & 4x4 trucks over the years... Mostly Dodge/Power Wagons & Dakotas { Currently my DD is a 1999 Dakota SLT 4x4 5.2ltr Auto with a bunch of bolt on performance mods & 11.5"x32"x16" O/S M/S tires }, A Ford or 2 { currently a 2002 F350 4x4 6 spd 7.3ltr PS Diesel Dually }, A Chevy & GMC or 2, A Jeep or 2... I love Muscle cars more than anything, { I currently own a 1968 Road Runner that I spend allot of time & money on } but I do love 4x4's also, not so active in the 4 wheeling like when I was younger... I look forward to reading some posts & discussing different stuff with fellow members, maybe even help some from time to time...

Sonora 99 Dakota 4x4 #1.jpg

Sonora 2002 F350 4x4 dually #1.jpg

68 RR #16 Apr 26 2011 Buddy #1.jpg

Sonora Back property #4 Car Port RV & Boat.jpg

Last edited:
welcome budnicks i came over from abodies nice dak you,ve got there also likin the road runner very cool ride

Question for ya on the Dakota. Have you had any problems with the ball joints on it? I had heard that that model had issues.

Question for ya on the Dakota. Have you had any problems with the ball joints on it? I had heard that that model had issues.
No problems yet at all... I only have 55k miles or so too... I looked into that claim a while back, somebody mentioned that on a thread over on FBBO or DC.com too & they said if I remember correctly that, "I think it was the 2000 y/m was a recall, in the 2wd version & the 4wd with the 4.7ltr. Merc. engine", supposedly bad batch of ball joints from a supplier or something along those lines, but don't quote me on that, I'm going on my bad memory... Rev if you do know of any issues I should be aware of, or I'm way off base, please let me know, I would like to have a heads up, sense I haven't had any type of issues yet....

Nothing that I know of, but then I haven't worked for a Dodge dealer since the Viper first came out (92?). I was actually looking at a 99 4wd club cab when I sold my Roadrunner last year and had heard about the ball joint thing. Never saw a real confirmation on it. I know that the first gen 4wd Daks thought the tie rod ends were rather tasty, but no real rash of problems on those, either. I didn't end up getting the 99, we already had the Wagoneer and getting a black Dak to go cruising the scrub brush around Bishop to find the tasty fishing holes wasn't filling my need list. Rented a new Sierra Grande a few years back for the trip. It was black. Enterprise was not happy when they got it back. :D

Looks like I missed this one also....a belated welcome along to FTO to you Budnicks. :cool:
BTW, I never get tired of looking at your Roadrunner.

Looks like I missed this one also....a belated welcome along to FTO to you Budnicks. :cool:
BTW, I never get tired of looking at your Roadrunner.

Thanks kiwigtx,
I'm not here much, just when I'm not over on FBBO or bored,
been really busy lately too, not much time for forums...

Back