• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

bucket seat install??????

That's old school cool, what is that?
That's my office were I take care of business . lol .... Seriously , It's my Warlock . Since there seems to be a name for every style of build , I'm calling it a period correct , survivor , old school hot rod truck style . Say "that" five times fast ! lol

I did RamCharger buckets & console in mine
IMG_20150608_204110_zpsfgdsepdf.jpg

It's nice to see a drivers side Ramcharger seat that isn't all tore up for a change ! lol

I have a 1986 dodge ram charger. It’s got the factory bucket seats with the arm rests. The inter tubular frame finally snapped and broke so my seats won’t sit up right they fall back like recliners 😂 I want to install new bucket seats. Maybe original or aftermarket.

If I go the aftermarket rout can I just bolt them onto the original seat pedestals it came with?

If I go the aftermarket rout can I just bolt them onto the original seat pedestals it came with?
Maybe. It all depends on how the seat is made, where they locate the bolt holes for the tracks. Many aftermarket seats are generic in their mounting.

I figured as much, just thought I should ask due to this being my first time replacing bucket seats in this thing. Thank you very much!!

If the covers and foam are in good shape why not just repair the frames. Covers and foam are not that hard to remove and install. You may need so rings and pliers to attach the covers with.
I have welded seat frames back together before.

I’m definitely going to repair them because the foam and covers are perfect still the frame is just broken. I was going to just get a temp seat untill I fix them because it’s my daily and I’d hate to have perfect bench and passenger seat and a non matching drivers seat

Back