• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Bought a Ford

I hear yah on the weather . It's been hot and humid here as well . They said this morning that were on week seven of drought conditions . We did have a couple of day's with low humidity but as of today were back to around 90 and the humidity is back on the rise . We are supposed to get some rain tomorrow , but it figures , It's a Saturday . It couldn't be on a week day . :(

It's been hot and humid here as well
Gotta stop eating all those beans!

So, to fix a Ford van engine, you "get" to learn how the front clip goes together? That sounds like a bonus to me. I chose to take most of the front of my Polara off when I replaced the 440. But only the front, grille, splash pan and bumper, all because I didn't want to remove the hood cause I had no help.

Gotta stop eating all those beans!

So, to fix a Ford van engine, you "get" to learn how the front clip goes together? That sounds like a bonus to me. I chose to take most of the front of my Polara off when I replaced the 440. But only the front, grille, splash pan and bumper, all because I didn't want to remove the hood cause I had no help.
Amazingly enough the hood was one thing on the van that was not removed and the ac is still intact. I should have done some measuring because the oil pan had been removed before the engine was pulled. I now do not know if it will go back in with the pan installed.

I watched some video's on utube before starting to get some idea as where to start and what to do. Amazingly some have lifted the body from the frame to pull the engine.
If this was not a box van and cab attached to the box it may have been the better option.

Leakdown test is done. Three cylinders below par. Oiled the piston tops and rechecked, pressure incressed but still not good. Yes they are mingled in with good cylinders. Anyway its will be getting a rebuild.

Only took 16 hours to pull by myself definitely will not go back in untill everything is right. I do not ever plan on pulling it again.

Dismantling of a vehicle shouldn't be required to pull an engine, at least in my book. At least you know everything will be as it should when you're finished.

Still in processss. Engine removed, disassembled and presently waitig on funds and machine shop time. The 5.4 is presenting to be an intresting build. Almost looks like it should be in a racecar instead of a 1 ton van.

No lift on this one just an aluminum ramp. The engine is a 5.4 two valve. I probly should post some pictures of the engine in parts when the weathers fit and I find time.

It has been warm allll week long... *smirk*...
Make time.. Git out and take pics...
We is all pic whores... :rolleyes::)

Back