• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Bought a Ford

7mopar

Reaction score
Never figured I would ever own a Ford but we needed a different work vechical and a newer truck was just not an option.
So we are now soon to be owners of a Ford E350 dually box truck not new but affordable.
Some how feel just a little betrayed by Dodge here for not manufacturing what we needed but guess building a yuppy truck was and is more important than a reasonably price commercial vehicle.
So are Ford manuals available here for downloading or do I need to go buy and worthless Chilton or Hays?

They chased the money, which is overpriced living rooms on a truck chassis. Cool, but not for me. I prefer the simple aspect of an older truck. Radio optional, and about the only option.

Do not even know how the windows open on the Ford yet.
Do know it has AC, radio is missing but no big deal.
What I do know it has great potential for a work vechical and that was what it was originally purchased to do.
I was more interested these options box bed, full rear roll door, aluminum ramp. I will no longer have to crawl under a topper to get to tools or unload the truck bed to get a table saw out when needed.
I did notice it has cushion ride seats.

Do not even know how the windows open on the Ford yet.
Do know it has AC, radio is missing but no big deal.
What I do know it has great potential for a work vechical and that was what it was originally purchased to do.
I was more interested these options box bed, full rear roll door, aluminum ramp. I will no longer have to crawl under a topper to get to tools or unload the truck bed to get a table saw out when needed.
I did notice it has cushion ride seats.
That's good that it suits your needs for a reasonable price, even if it is a Ford. I'd love to never stray from Mopars, but simple economics doesn't always let me do that, so I feel your pain in not being able to get the brand you wanted.

I drove a few back in the 70's could never complain about the quality but they were a pain if anything needed replacing. Everything had to be of the right year and model for components to fit.

Yeah, that was my biggest beef with Ford - if you didn't have serial number, date of manufacture and the old part in hand for comparison it was a crap shoot if you'd get the right pieces, and I know there was issues with that right up until the 90's. I like to plan my efforts - you know what I mean, buy the parts and have it all ready before you tear it down and that wouldn't work with that stuff.

Hope to have it home this week and then the fun begins.
Just maybe some pictures. Need to take time for pictures before and after. This has always been a weak link pictures.
Then were to post them?

Got some pictures
20160518_193242.jpg
needs a good wash and polish. Parked in my front yard.
20160521_123300.jpg
this wall has got to be moved
20160521_123400.jpg
bench will be moved to thw back of bed.
20160521_173054.jpg
wall removed and view form front of van body.
Does anyone here have any box truck experience. The floor has been carpeted in the front of the box bed and has a foam liner approx 1/8" thick under the carpet. It is bonded to the wood decking and appears to be a vapor barrier? I would like to get more of it but where?

20160521_173054.jpg

Sounds like something the previous owner probably did and not a factory type thing . I'd check someplace like Home Depot first .

Really , no luck ? Most of the vans and the one or two box trucks that I've done the inside's on , I've gotten most of the material's from paces like that . Hmmm , How about a place that does boats or marine supply ?

Have a friend that does pontoons but have not had the chance yet to ask him if anything is used between the deck and carpet.

End up using a floating hardwood floor underpayment with a vapor barrier. Got the carpet pulled and moved back. Started painting the interior walls. Trying to get the paint light enough we can see back there without flood lights. Think I will have to go to a gloss white to achieve it.
Will take some more pictures tomorrow.

End up using a Sherwin-Williams industrial gross white. Not really shiny but does reflect light.
Still have a dividing wall to put back in and a small office to build.
Found a supplier for the roll door parts. Still need to fix it.
Did get a socket on the crankshaft. It wiggles and that is it. I have not overhauled a Ford engine in 40 years but have been spending some time on ytube just to get some ideas as what to expect.y

Update time.
Got half the engine pan bolts out and found out the power steering pump needs to be removed and the engine jacked up to get the rest of the pan bolts out.
So the front end of the body has been removed, fan and serpentine belt removed. The alternator is locked up. Decided just maybe there was a chance the engine would turn. Turns about 1-3/4 turns pressure builds and a hissing sound out the intake.
Still going to take the pan off as someone drilled a hole in it that needs to be welded shut. Will check for any other damage, check bearing, timing chains and do a leak down test. Will decide what to do afterwards.

Engine has finally been extracted. Yes nothing is removable on this thing in simple form. Presently sitting on an engine stand for undetermined disassembly. Will at least be checked for any po upgrades and making those needed. I do not plan on doing this again any time in the near future. Can only imagine the fun putting it back in will be.

Now that you have the engine out . "Did" someone drill a hole in the oil pan or did it throw a rod or something ?

Now that you have the engine out . "Did" someone drill a hole in the oil pan or did it throw a rod or something ?
Rods are fine the or something is still under investigation.
Have found nothing out of place for parts in the oil pan. It has been to hot lately to do anything with it.
It is supposed to cool off this week end. Would like to get the valve and timing covers off. Do some investigating to see if any upgrades have been made and possibly a leak down test.

Back