• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Bigger tires

Clint Bazemore

Reaction score
Hello everybody. Need some help with wheels and tires. I have a 1987 dodge w150 in stock condition. Looks like 33x12.50x15 tires will fit the truck without a lift but need help with the correct wheel width and offset. Thanks for the help, Clint.

I had an 87 W100 Short box with the same size tire. I used stock wheels.

14JUN12 left rear f.JPG

14JUN12 right.JPG

I wish I could find a set of those wheels.
I had an 81 w150 and with stock plain steel wheels I could use 32's, tried 33s and they rubbed. There were 2 different width of 33s back then, most common was 12-1/2 wide, there was a lesser known 10-1/2 wide made and I think those would have been fine on my truck. But didn't have any available at the time.
Since the 32s fit fine, I didn't worry too much about that last inch of height. Originally it had 235/75/15s which were tiny by comparison.
With 3.21 gears, the 32" tall tires, and a factory 318 4 barrel (thermoquad) that thing got surprisingly fantastic mileage especially on the highway

How far into MINN are you?
I was camping 2 different times around Madison WI over last summer...
If I wasn't already near there it's too far to go just for that.... Im like an hour south of Chicago

My truck is an 85 d150 (2wd) Long bed
I have some nearly bald "rollers* on it right now sitting here in the garage while I work on it,
I really like the look of those wheels you have, but have been kicking the idea of going to a 16" wheel largely because 15s are getting so much harder to find. I have a 96 Dakota with 235s on it, and I had a hard time finding them last time (same size as id need for my 85)

Back