• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Any Model builders out there?

Nice work on the trucks, great to see that kind of dedication to detail. I can only say I 'used' to build models. But collect them, I can still do that. The boxes next to the blue Sunbeam contain around 800, the ones on display are part of a 1500 or so collection separate from the boxes...

Robert, DAMN thats some collection!!!!! I'm not into the whole "Die-Cast" car vibe, (a bit more then I'd like to spend) BUT I enjoy the building/detail aspect of the plastic kits..... As you can see....

Your collection is VERY impressive!

I painted these over a period of a week, painted all the interiors in a step,all the chassis etc I'm doing engines & getting my Warlocks caught up to the first ones in my assembly line
IMG_0516_zpsbj3xtrso.jpg

The before
IMG_0363_zps2yii3bgf.jpg

I painted these over a period of a week, painted all the interiors in a step,all the chassis etc I'm doing engines & getting my Warlocks caught up to the first ones in my assembly line
IMG_0516_zpsbj3xtrso.jpg

The before
IMG_0363_zps2yii3bgf.jpg
Nice work Addict! I just cleared the junk off my building table, maybe I can get back into things and get some models built. My girlfriend wasn't too excited when she found out how many models I hav (about 200), she thought I had a lot less.

I just thought of something, we moved our washing machine and dryer upstairs, now I have the exhaust hole from the dryer that I can use for my oven hood so I can make my own spray booth.

I built this from the parts box The only parts that came in the same box new were the bed & chassis. The rest is from the parts boxes & is 72-78 MPC Dodge only. I glue the grilles last so for right now what I'm showing is work in progress pics
IMG_0512_zpse68oepnn.jpg

The wheels are a set of original 75' W200 that had the hubcaps glued crooked, a set of 1st issue LRE wheels sanded flat fit well inside them
IMG_0514_zpszqg77ljq.jpg

Engine is from the Dodge monster truck the hood is from a 74 the cab was a 73 as far as I could tell
IMG_0515_zpskozbo6lf.jpg

IMG_0520_zpslyyn0t8i.jpg

Nice work Addict! I just cleared the junk off my building table, maybe I can get back into things and get some models built. My girlfriend wasn't too excited when she found out how many models I hav (about 200), she thought I had a lot less.
My wife used only wonder when I was going to clean my stuff off the dining room table, now she asks how much I paid & if it's for sale. Her & the girls bought me a NIB Tyrone Malone "Papa Truck" for my birthday & stole it for $139.00 shipped. It finished me having all the Tyrone Malone trucks NIB which I cherished for a while till a guy made me that offer I could not refuse & she figured out that I made a good profit so she asks now

I got a book about Tyrone Malone when I was 8 and loved those trucks. It took me another few years to figure out they made models of his trucks. By that time, pre internet, they were hard to find and crazy expensive then. I was, and still am, not one to leave the wrapper on the box.

I bought builders & opened unstarted new kits also I sold a Hideout truck bed new unassembled for $115 & a "Boss" truck body,frame,tires & wheels for $75 it had been built. I didn't want to sell either one but the $$$ & profit went towards my move The Hideout cab & related parts went for $65 I have the rest of the kit & the Super Boss engine along with $110 profit
SAM_0286_zps035b9adc.jpg

SAM_0504_zpsfd5631d0.jpg

I have the body & frame on the top & another tail piece like the one for the Super Boss
SAM_3325_zps3bfad377.jpg

Figure that I'll do a Dodge LS1000 cab molded into the Aerodyne cab in the pic I've got everything almost for the race truck except the Dodge BigHorn cab kit
SAM_3363_zpsce094cbd.jpg

-I'd KILL to get my hands on one of the Wedge-back race beds!!!! Bob, Thats NICE work so far. you still around?

That's awesome I have been stocking up on all the truck kits I can get reasonably have you worked the resin fleet side short box beds?

Wendell,
I actually MOLD all of my own Mopar engines!!!!! I'd say yeah, I work with resin a LOT. so..... Need any mopar engines in scale, 1/24th and 1/25th, let me know!!!!

-I hear that.... I myself am disabled, so I build a lot of models, so. to pass time and have fun at the same time and keep busy, I do a lot of other things as well around the house, but just can;t do the 8 hours a day thing..... Its hard sitting to long or standing to long anymore....

-I hear that.... I myself am disabled, so I build a lot of models, so. to pass time and have fun at the same time and keep busy, I do a lot of other things as well around the house, but just can;t do the 8 hours a day thing..... Its hard sitting to long or standing to long anymore....

Hey 67PW,that sounds a lot like me..........

Back