• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Any interest in parts?

niceolddart

Reaction score
I may have access to a mid to late 80s regular cab D-250 that has been in a warehouse since 2001. It has NO front sheet metal (Hood, fenders, grill, bumper etc.) but it's a V8 (not sure if it's a 318 or 360) with factory A/C & 4 speed transmission. It has an enclosed utility bed on it so no P/U bed & ALL front sheet metal is gone, nowhere around. The cab looks to be in real good shape with no visible damage, but the truck was in a front-end collision, hence the missing sheet metal, but frame horns are undamaged. I can get this truck at a very reasonable price, but I don't want it sitting in my yard too long either. Is there any use for any parts from this thing? I'd like to part it out & make a little money doing so, or maybe fix it if the title is available. I would ship small items if I buy it but, larger stuff you would have to come & get. I'm about 1/2-hour North of Phila. Pa. & I'm very close to Rt-1, I-95/295 & exit 351 of the Pa turnpike. I can get some pictures but it's not well light where the truck is right now. So, any interest?

If you were close I could fix you up with that front end sheet metal but I'm 3 states away.
If we were closer and the title was available I'd probably be interested in buying the whole thing. My wife is sure glad I'm sure that we are so far away....

I hear you. I still might get this thing anyway, there are too many good parts on it, & like I said, it's been in a warehouse since 2001. (Still has the last Pa. inspection stickers on the windshield) I will check into it further for sure. The sticker in the door jamb has a build date that's very hard to read where it sits, but the odometer reads 98,xxx miles & the interior shows very little wear & tear.

Put it back on the road. Sounds too good to part out. Id drive a utility bed truck as a daily in a minute.

It looks like a service truck body, like a plumber or electrician would have on a pick-up truck frame instead of a regular pick-up bed & they are usually steel.
What does the utility bed look like, I am not familiar.
-Matt

What does the utility bed look like, I am not familiar.
-Matt

Truck body.jpg

Back