• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

American cars vs japanese cars vs european cars????

redneck276

Reaction score
Which country makes the best cars?

U.S.A?
Germany?
Japan?
Sweden?
Other?

Why Americans also buy a lot of Japanese cars?

In my opinion american cars are best. In Finland is few american cars but very much japanese, and european cars. I`m not understand them.
People in Finland think that American cars take a lot of gas. This is strange because in today this is not true.

Best regards 17-years-old boy from Finland

It depends upon your definition of the word 'best'

IMHO Japan makes the best cars as far as economy and value for money goes.

The Asian manufacturers all make for the most part throw away cars. I know there a few upscale cars, but for the most part they are desposable. My sister in law always buys Toyota because they " last forever". We switched to Ford, then a Mercury and nowe a Lincoln. To our three she has had five.
I don't believe the European manufactures have any advantage other that marketing that would lead you to believe they have it all figured out.

Some of it is personal preference, modern cars are all pretty good, good maintenance goes a long way to making a car last.

I've owned two Japanese cars and didn't like either one of them and there will never be a third strike. My newest vehicle is a 97 diesel powered Dodge and it still runs great. My oldest is a 95 Dakota and it's still going with very little maintenance and it's had a pretty rough life. Just bought a 96 Dakota a few months ago and it looks pretty nice still but it's been repainted once. Looks like somebody took pretty good care of it. The 95 has been kept outside 95% of its life and it has some wiring issues under the hood but there's no rust on it anywhere and we have dew almost every morning. Amazingly it still runs pretty good. I just drove a brand new Nissan pickup but can't remember the model..... after only three miles I was ready to get out of it! The guy that had it wrecked his Toyota Tundra and the Nissan is a temporary replacement until the tundra is fixed. I've driven the Tundra before and it drives pretty nice but it's still not something I would care to have.

To tell the truth I don't like the new cars....any of them! A buddy of mine has a BlueTEC Mercedes diesel and even though it's several years old now, I like that thing. It rides good handles good has plenty of power and it has great brakes and gets excellent fuel mileage.

My parents trust american cars. But my dad first car was Datsun Cherry because was little money. Datsun Cherry was very bad. It was scrapped over 20 years ago.

My dad second cars is 1979 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale. Third car 1986 Chevrolet Caprice. Next car 1990 Chevrolet Caprice Classic. My parents car today is 1991 Chevrolet Caprice Classic. We will buy in the future Chevrolet Silverado and RAM (Dodge Ram).

Our garage today. All four cars.
14764937.jpg

My parents trust american cars. But my dad first car was Datsun Cherry because was little money. Datsun Cherry was very bad. It was scrapped over 20 years ago.

My dad second cars is 1979 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale. Third car 1986 Chevrolet Caprice. Next car 1990 Chevrolet Caprice Classic. My parents car today is 1991 Chevrolet Caprice Classic. We will buy in the future Chevrolet Silverado and RAM (Dodge Ram).

Our garage today. All four cars.
View attachment 16273
I am very familiar with all those cars. Years ago when they where everywhere I worked on lots of them, not many left of them now. My wife had a 80 Olds Delta 88, it was born with a 5.7 Diesel, I swapped in a Olds 455, then later a Olds 350 and finally a Olds 403. We had it for about 14 years, it served us well.

Why so many engines and only 14 years?
The Diesel was using almost more oil than fuel, the 455 was great until one spring it started eating water (crack in a cylinder), the 350 ran good and one winter it started to rod knock, the 403 came along at the right time, ran good and it was what was in it when it was sold.

I think it’s all personal preference. I think the germans have pretty good brands in terms of BMW and Mercedes. Personally, I favor Dodge, but taken care of, just about every manufacturer can have quality cars.

I agree. Reason why I also like japan made cars is because of the value. You can get a pretty much high quality engine that can also compete with american made cars.

Back