• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

After market stick on trim removal procedures needed

multimopes

Reaction score
Howdy pickup people. I recently had to get another truck as my frame rusted and cracked all to hell on my much loved 99 Ram Sport. Estimates were for more money than I paid for the truck. Well, I got a (new to me) 2000 Ram Sport in much better condition. The former owner had installed some plastic, stick on type of air/bug deflector on the front top of the hood and fenders. Also, there is a tub type bed liner with again with stick on pieces on top sides of the bed. What is the best method to remove these pieces without damaging the paint??

Maybe a hot air gun carefully used over the stickers....will soften the adhesive so you can pull on them. I had a thick clear protector on my wife's car - stone chip guard on the front of the hood....hot air gun helped with removal. But I also used a mix of lighter fluid and paint thinners to get the glue off. Took a while, but I got it clean...then a quick buff with the Wax Attack polisher...all gone now.

Thanks Kiwi, I posted the same thread over on FBBO, where there are lots more people on line. I got the front off with a heat gun and old, heavy duty waxed string. I just bought some (Goof-Off) adhesive remover on the way to work. Will attack it again tomorrow. The bed rails are going to be worse! 8 feet long x 2 !!!

Back