1. Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Dismiss Notice

After market stick on trim removal procedures needed

Discussion in 'General Truck Discussions' started by multimopes, Jan 11, 2019 at 4:55 PM.

1. multimopes

multimopesWell-Known Member

Howdy pickup people. I recently had to get another truck as my frame rusted and cracked all to hell on my much loved 99 Ram Sport. Estimates were for more money than I paid for the truck. Well, I got a (new to me) 2000 Ram Sport in much better condition. The former owner had installed some plastic, stick on type of air/bug deflector on the front top of the hood and fenders. Also, there is a tub type bed liner with again with stick on pieces on top sides of the bed. What is the best method to remove these pieces without damaging the paint??

2. HALIFAXHOPS

HALIFAXHOPSBeerening at its best!

Try goo gone.

• Like Like x 1
    • multimopes

Thank You Hoppy, I will give it a try!

• kiwigtx

kiwigtxInternational Mod Staff Member

Maybe a hot air gun carefully used over the stickers....will soften the adhesive so you can pull on them. I had a thick clear protector on my wife's car - stone chip guard on the front of the hood....hot air gun helped with removal. But I also used a mix of lighter fluid and paint thinners to get the glue off. Took a while, but I got it clean...then a quick buff with the Wax Attack polisher...all gone now.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • multimopes

Thanks Kiwi, I posted the same thread over on FBBO, where there are lots more people on line. I got the front off with a heat gun and old, heavy duty waxed string. I just bought some (Goof-Off) adhesive remover on the way to work. Will attack it again tomorrow. The bed rails are going to be worse! 8 feet long x 2 !!!

• Like Like x 1