• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Added a sway bar to the A100

kiwigtx

International Mod
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Some of you may have already gone through this exercise, but last year I fitted a sway bar to my Red Wagon. It is a refurbished (old) sway bar and it fits like a dream. Truck actually handles better and feels firmer in the corners now. The end link kit was sourced from Summit Racing - Part number MOOG-K8662

Please excuse the dirty look - it had been raining prior to this upgrade :rolleyes:

DSC02597a.jpg
DSC02599.JPG
DSC02600a.jpg
DSC02601a.jpg

Nice job ! What did the sway bar originally come out of ?

Nice job ! What did the sway bar originally come out of ?

This was an original sway bar from an A100/A108 van I believe....sourced from a guy called Duane on the Vintage Vans forum about 3 years ago. A very nice original piece - just needed cleaning and re-painting. Apparently quite a rare part to locate these days.

Wow , That's a new one on me . I didn't think the A 100 / A108's ever came with factory sway bars . Yah see , you learn something new every day .

You can see it here on the right hand page - factory service manual picture grab....

Sway bar.JPG

I had to buy aftermarket saddles for the chassis fixing, and went with urethane bushes. :cool:

Back