• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

add to elect. problems

ram150

Reaction score
Still cannot find problem. reg only has 2 wires & the battery is charging, the first problem was losing radio & lighter. I could use
turn signals for The right side only + hazards, changed switch the same as before ( including harness). the latest started when I tried to turn on headlights, only have headlights nothing else except wipers changed headlight switch , no better this is where I left off last thread, appreciate all help offered & to be offered. as I cannot drive truck as is w/o risking ticket in daytime & none at night JHB

Your "still" having electrical problem's ? Ok lets start at the beginning . You changed the headlight switch . Have you checked for voltage in and out of the switch ? As well as down at your dimmer switch ? Also does your switch have a ground plate and if so did you plug it back in when you changed out the switch ?

IMG_1415.jpg If your not sure what the ground plate looks like then this is it . It go's between the switch and the dash board .

IMG_1415.jpg

elect. prob

Your "still" having electrical problem's ? Ok lets start at the beginning . You changed the headlight switch . Have you checked for voltage in and out of the switch ? As well as down at your dimmer switch ? Also does your switch have a ground plate and if so did you plug it back in when you changed out the switch ?

Yes mine has a single blade ground connection , I connected a ground wire from grd. plate to - on battrery & still no lights "eternal vigilance is the price of freedom"

Last edited:
Ok , Have you checked for voltage in and out of your switch as well as your dimmer switch ? If you have voltage in and out of the switch's then the next step would be to go to each light and see if you have voltage there . If you do but the lights aren't working then that tells you it's a ground problem and if you don't then you'll have to check either side of the bulk head .

Thanks to Bear & others who helped with problem, took truck on a 140 mile hunting trip 2 days after fix. (November 7) Some on logging roads & connections held up. The factory diagrams helped. I still have no radio or cigarette lighter,but lights all work. some corroded (hot) connections, broken grounds. & fuses that had tested good when I first had problem ended up being bad (had been tested with meter) An aquaintance who is a computer whiz fixed what I had not repaired in 5 hours time using the diagrams

Last edited:
Back