• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

99 heater box hardware

volaredon

Reaction score
Finally doing a job that I have put off and dreaded for several months now, been driving around my 99 Dakota with the heater hoses looped, core started leaking back in about June. It's plugged beyond hope anyway. I flushed it several times last fall and wound up with only mediocre heat from it for all of last winter.

I got the heater box out, old core out,
went to put it back together and discovered that the pivot pin for one of the air doors was busted. It's the tall pie shaped one right behind and off to the side of the back of the heater core (front being referred to as the edge of the core where the hose nipples are) this pin is a lower case "H" shaped and where it slides in to the air door there is a spring that this pin goes thru.
I doubt this would be available as a separate piece, even back when parts were still more available for these trucks. I hate to think that my only possibility of getting this bit part would be to spend 3 hours in the junkyard pulling another heater box to get it.

#25 is the blend door and I believe what you want is part of it. It's discontinued and I didn't see anything from the aftermarket. Can you repair it? If not I believe your going to have to get a used one like you mentioned.

Back