• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

SOLD 95 V8 Dakota

Status
Not open for further replies.

niceolddart

Reaction score
Contact seller
I am selling my 95 Dakota, Factory V8/auto. 2wd R/C pick-up. Also has factory 3:91 Suregrip 8 1/4" rear axle. I have a lot of new parts on/in this truck, (over $6500) most everything mechanical, brakes, lines, hoses, etc. etc. is new, too much to list here & new sheet metal to go with it. It is a running, driving, Pa. inspected truck. Not a cosmetic looking truck, but a good runner and fun to drive. Any questions you have, I will answer. Reverse starting to slip (band adjustment?), but all forward gears work fine, even chirps second gear on occasion. Clean title, pretty solid truck, $4000 firm! 19030 zip code. Registered & insured so test drives are OK. Time to move on from it. Tires & wheels in pics. DO NOT go with truck! I have 4 nice factory aluminum wheels on Goodyear tires that do go with it.

DSC00655.JPG

DSC00657.JPG

DSC00649.JPG

DSC00656.JPG

Would you drive it to Houston Tx? If you're willing to do that we can deal from there. I can't leave for long enough to come up there......

I think it would make the trip no problem, but that's way too far for ME to drive. Thanks though.

Trying to find a V8 truck in the Houston area is like looking for a 71 Cuda for sale that's not a rusted out project! I bought a new 92 V8 truck, reg cab short box with tilt wheel and cruise control and of course AC but other than that, it was pretty basic. Did order 3.90 gears and limited slip and black paint. Sorry I ever sold it! A couple of years ago I did find a really nice V6 but it still isn't a V8....and it's red which I don't like but it was too good to pass up lol. Hard to believe they didn't come stock with 3.90 gears because a V6 really needs it and especially if you put decent size tires on it.

I kind of did the same thing you did. I ordered a 95 V8 Dakota Sport, black, reg. cab 2wd, short bed, 5 speed, 3:91 "anti spin" rear, tilt, cruise, pw & locks, a/c. It was a beast with a little tweaking done to it. I wish I never sold THAT. But, I'm getting back my former 2000 Dakota I sold to a friend 13 years ago, same drive train as my 95, although a 4.7 V8, even a 5 speed manual! Truck is in awesome shape with only 49,000 garage kept miles on it. Can't wait to pick it up.

I kind of did the same thing you did. I ordered a 95 V8 Dakota Sport, black, reg. cab 2wd, short bed, 5 speed, 3:91 "anti spin" rear, tilt, cruise, pw & locks, a/c. It was a beast with a little tweaking done to it. I wish I never sold THAT. But, I'm getting back my former 2000 Dakota I sold to a friend 13 years ago, same drive train as my 95, although a 4.7 V8, even a 5 speed manual! Truck is in awesome shape with only 49,000 garage kept miles on it. Can't wait to pick it up.
Ain't any rules here on commentary in the classified ads is there? Wouldn't look too good on me since I'm a moderator at one of the other sites that Joey has lol. Anyways, mine was a sport too but with the stripe delete and I was able to get it with the chrome mirrors since I had a boat to tow around. That wasn't an option back then but knowing someone in the right place swung it for me and those little 'sport' mirrors weren't going to cut it. Both my 95 and 96 Dakotas are sports too but with the gutless V6. Man, I can only imagine them with a 4 banger!! Just started a search for low gears to swap both of them out....or slam an 8 3/4 into them. Have one that I could cut down if needed plus there's gears here from 3.91 to 4.88's. 4.88 would be fun for a little while lol

Wish I didn't have 3 Daks right now. I'd be heading up your way to get this gem.

The 96 V6 truck I found was about 50 miles away and had been advertised for a good while....but he was asking 3500 for it. Way too much but I think I offered him too much as he didn't counter the offer lol. It is a really nice truck though. Wish my 95 was just nearly as nice and it has 40k less miles on it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back