• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

'94 Ram 1500 Rear Window Problem

Jim_l

Reaction score
Hey, guys. New here. A guy on another forum suggested I check you guys out.
I, like the dummy I am, was loading firewood into my '94 1500 and busted out the rear glass.
I've been checking around and apparently mine is different than most, since it uses a rubber seal only.
It has a channel in the seal that holds the glass and another channel that goes around the metal of the cab opening, and doesn't use urethane sealer like all of the replacement glasses I see.
According to my window guy the ones that use the goop can't be made to fit right.
Does anyone here know where I can get one that will work ? maybe parting out a truck or something ?

I have one from a 97 truck if that helps, was removed eons ago to install a slider. Truck has since gone to the happy hunting grounds but Dad kept the original glass. I know the 94 and 97 are similar but have no clue if the glass will interchange.

Thanks Polara, but according to what I've been told, only one from a '94 will fit right.
My glass guy says they made two styles in '94.
I guess they changed to the kind that uses the caulk type urethane sealer/glue after mine was made.

I dunno about full size Dodge trucks, but I know that to be the case with Dakotas around then. I have had a few Dakotas and have seen them retained both ways. I know up to 93 they had a gasket that held them in. Pretty easy one to change out.
I did something similar to what you did to one of my Dakotas, in fact I believe it was the 94. I had my gas powered air compressor in the bed up tight to the front wall by the cab and went over a particularly nasty set of RR tracks pretty well known around here. Though I did slow way down before I got to em, the compressor rocked and blew out my back window. I went to the junkyard and gota slider style window, the original was a solid window and glued in, the slider was gasketed in like my old square body Dodge full size trucks were. After I got all the goop off of the pinchweld, the gasketed style slider window went right in. There was a point during square body Dakotas where all back windows got glued, whether solid or sliding.

Back