• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

89040 hedman headers

mopar56

Reaction score
hi I have an opportunity to purchase some brand new headers for a good deal they part number is 89040 they are discontinued but new and say they fit a 65-69 Dodge van I want to use them in a 56 Dodge truck sitting on a 83 Dodge truck frame 2wd what do you think will they work?

Ouch that's a tough one . I'm not sure if they would work or not . The mid 60's vans were mid mounted engines . The 56 body is sitting on an 83 Dodge truck frame so why don't you just get headers for an 83 Dodge Truck ?

Which gas tank you use also makes a difference if you use the 83 you at least have that going for you when finishing the exhaust system it will be out of the way. Then you have to deal with the hole in the cab though. The 56 tank I think is like my 57 where it sits inside the frame rail is right where the headers dump so you have to do a crossover exhaust if you have room. That is one of the reasons why I just used a set of shorty headers on mine. Also with everything else you're adding to the engine bay steering box and pump, battery and tray, brake booster room starts to become an issue for a full set of headers.

well I could use the 83 headers but brand new Hedmans for 100 Canadian is worth looking into but I forgot that those vans were basically mid engine so maybe they wouldn't be worth the risk, I am using the 83 gas tank and filling the hole on the cab, I also have a set of shortys but they are magnum ones and seem to have some cyl head interference issues on my la 318

Back