• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

87 D150 rear dif????

MoparsOnly

The snozberries taste like snozberries.
Reaction score
Is there any interchange on rear diffs. that I can replace my lame 8.25. I'd like to go 8.75. I just don't what will fit Bbody,Ebody??? or is it just trucks

C is pretty close, but remember the spring mounts are on the wrong side of the housing for a truck. Truck rear ends sit under the springs while car's sit on top. So truck is the easy way to go. Only problem is finding one to match your bolt pattern as the 87 should have the large bolt pattern and I'm not sure if that was available in an 8.75 rear. Or the other option is to swap out front rotors so all match, but then you have to buy wheels also....... Ain't life great?

Yup. I figured so much, I do have the big bolt pattern, really limits wheel selection. I was thinking of swapping for the 5 on 5's. by the way thanks for the info

Yup. I figured so much, I do have the big bolt pattern, really limits wheel selection. I was thinking of swapping for the 5 on 5's. by the way thanks for the info
You should already have the 5 on 5 lug pattern . That's what Polara meant by large bolt pattern .

I have an 8 3/4 housing and big bolt pattern axels 250.00 + shipping should bolt right in with your brakes. all you need would be the center section

I have an 8 3/4 housing and big bolt pattern axels 250.00 + shipping should bolt right in with your brakes. all you need would be the center section
Is it out of a truck ? Shipping might be a little pricey for something that size .

yes it is . the guy I bought it from had a truck like yours with a worked 340 and an 81/4 rear. He had this rear re done with new bearings and a 410 sure grip. He never installed it. I'm keeping the sure grip 410 center section for my 64 dart project, so you would have to find your own. They are available if you do a little searching. shipping I would guess would be a little pricey like you said prob. how far to nj, maybe I could meet you somewhere in north jersey I'm by atlantic city

If you'll notice , It was "MoparsOnly" That was asking about rear ends and he's in SC. . I posted the comment because of two thing's . #1 I sell parts and a lot of people don't realize how much something like that cost to ship from state to state . #2 You said "should" fit and didn't say it was a truck rear axle housing . That leaves a big question mark on what the axle housing really is .

just to be clear it is a truck housing. I will be sure to make that clear from now on, and yup shipping could be expensive. I apologize if it appears misleading,

just to be clear it is a truck housing. I will be sure to make that clear from now on, and yup shipping could be expensive. I apologize if it appears misleading,
No problem . You might want to tell anyone interested that your bolt pattern is the smaller 5 on 4 1/2" as well because some two wheel drive trucks have a larger bolt pattern . Don't mean to sound like a smart ass but the more the buyer and seller knows just makes for a better sale and everybody's happy in the end .

Last edited:
Back