• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

87 Chevy silverado R20, semi-restore.

yup, but new cam bearings came in yesterday, made sure they all fit the cam and before driving them into the block I made sure non where slipping through the block or anything. Also noticed the cam bearing that wouldn't fit the block or the cam had two oil holes while the rest only had one, this new set every cam bearing only has one hole. Doesn't matter as soon as I get the motor rebuilt and the seat re upholstered chevy's sold, went out and bought a brand new '15 Durango the other night, sticking with mopar lol.

Haven't had much time to work on the chevy lately, I started a new job at a Dodge dealership, but the last time I worked on the chevy nothing was going together right on the block. We put the crank in and torqued it down to about 25 ft lbs, and couldn't turn the crank anymore no matter how hard we tried turning. So I've gotta take it back to the machine shop and have them redo the crank since they probably only ground the first lobe on the crank since it was messed up and not the rest :|

Just saw the thread, I have the motor out of my 91 1500 sitting in the garage. I may get to it this winter I hope.

Just saw the thread, I have the motor out of my 91 1500 sitting in the garage. I may get to it this winter I hope.
I was hoping to have mine done last winter! haha, but of course things just werent going together right on the motor and said screw it for a bit.. A year later its still sitting cause I ran out of money to finish it up. Hopefully it'll be done by spring.

Back