• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

86 Dodge Ram A833 OD

86D100

Reaction score
Question for someone (im sure it has been asked a dozen times). I have an 86 dodge d100 slant 6 with a A833 OD in it (previous owner put a 77 model yr trans and with 1970/older side cover installed on it) and im trying to find a new shifter mechanism that will fit a pistol grip. In short what shifter mechanism/yr pistol grip would fit in it without a lot of modification
A833-4.jpg
A833-3.jpg
A833-5.jpg
A883-1.jpg

If it has the slip in shifter handle someone was making a handle for them. Don't remember who, but I saw them a couple years back.

If it has the slip in shifter handle someone was making a handle for them. Don't remember who, but I saw them a couple years back.
Dang if you happen to remember definitely let me know

that a simple interchange , the steel forks will work if you cut the reduces portion from them . it will shift better after you swap them as well . thats been a commen mod for the later shift side plate for years . i think that a b body shifter non console type could do the trick . see that one is from a 68-70 b body , roadrunner gtx charger coronet rt superbee ect.....
DSC03444.JPG

that a simple interchange , the steel forks will work if you cut the reduces portion from them . it will shift better after you swap them as well . thats been a commen mod for the later shift side plate for years . i think that a b body shifter non console type could do the trick . see that one is from a 68-70 b body , roadrunner gtx charger coronet rt superbee ect.....View attachment 16533
Oh awesome, ill pull the trigger on non console B body shifter mechanism and its components

that should work , if not i have a mechanism from a late 70's early 80's from an od a833 as well as the glass hump for the cab floor .

Back