• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

8 3/4 Into a 95 Dakota....tone ring question

Cranky1

Banned Old Stinky Fart
Reaction score
Has anyone fitted a tone to an 8 3/4 so the ABS etc will work on a Dakota? I'm thinking that I can machine the ring gear flange to make the tone ring from the 8 1/4 fit the 8 3/4?? Anyone have any experience in this?

Last edited:
I know this is an old post and my reply isnt really on topic but I put an Ebody 8 3/4 in a 94 and just disabled the antilock by unplugging the abs module under the passenger kick panel.

9 1/4 is wider and the yoke is offset, not that, that is a huge problem but the width is depending on what offset rim you use.

My 98 has a 9 1/4 in it. 5.9 with a 5 speed works just fine.

Yup...a 95....plus I have 2.76 up to 4.88 third members to plug in and just about everything in between to play with :D I like the idea of just unplugging the ABS module. Didn't know it was that easy.

And then you probably know, you simply change the front rotors to 91's to keep the same bolt pattern all the way round.

And then you probably know, you simply change the front rotors to 91's to keep the same bolt pattern all the way round.
Sure do. Had a couple of pre 92's (87 and a 90) then bought a new 92 5.2 with 3.90 limited slip for a toy and to pull my not so large boat. It ran a 15.30 totally stock with 200 miles on the clock (which was Mustang territory at the time) and didn't realize it was coming with 6 lug wheels when I ordered it. Talk about disappointment! Anyways, I have a set of 15x8 Durango/Dakota wheels that work pretty good on it but oh well. There's a few better looking wheels up in the rafters.....

Sounds like were cut from the same cloth. You ever hit dodgedakota.net? I was "Fazdak" over there. Had kids, started a business so all the fun stuff got put on hold. Kids are older and semi self sufficient so Im taking my love for Dak's back up again.

Same here. Also had a business but the wife was behind that mostly. I was working full time plus building engines and rear ends and then trying to help at the store too. The youngest was just a baby at the time and the oldest was being a handful. Pretty much, life got in the way but luckily, I got to have a couple of decent drag cars. One being a 68 roadrunner that ran 10.60's in the early 80's and then a 71 Duster that ran 9.90's in the early 90's but I didn't get to run the Duster much. The roadrunner went out every Wednesday night and Saturdays and was probably part of the reason for a divorce. The X hated my cars and I wonder to this day why she married me. I ran the roadrunner a full season and then ended up in a divorce and well, the Duster just happened at the wrong time. My kids are grown and gone now but now I'm deep in debt with school loans from the youngest. I'm hanging on and trying to put stuff together with what I have around the shop.

Get this back up and going.....I finally pulled the kick panel off the other day to expose the ABS module and see this kinda large computer looking pack up in there. That whole thing controls the ABS system? When I unplug it, the ABS and brake light on the dash will go out too? Pretty sure the ABS isn't working anymore since I had to stop pretty quick the other day and the brake pedal didn't pulsate but the truck stopped fine. The dash lights have been on for several months now.

Back