• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

'78 Midnite Express Truck

That'll work . It's nice to know that , that truck is still alive and well . That magazine I got the article from was from 1996 .

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgthese are the only ones I can dig up quick. Notice we kept the Cali. Midnight plate on the front of the truck. The original motor blew the first time we took it out for a ride. Funny story to that but not a funny outcome obviously. We kept the original engine and will one day fix it. The block needs to be welded. Also it has factory a/c AM/FM/8 track.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Cool ! Thanks ! It's good to know that these trucks are still alive and obviously in good hands .

Very cool Midnite Express Couture978! I've always loved the look of the 77/78 Dodge trucks! I see you swapped out the 77 clear parking lenses for the amber 78 ones.

Yeah my dad is a stock kinda guy. I prefer to modify things but with the trucks I do agree with the all original look. About 5 or so years ago we completely redid the bed of the LRE. Both trucks have been to chryslers at Carlisle and place 1st and 2nd in their class.

I know this is an old thread, but can anyone get me the MCG article pages ?
Thanks in advance

MONC, I can only supply you what Bear has originally posted in the first part of this thread.

I still have my '79 LRE and have all but given up being able to visit America, sad for me as I used to go every year for my holidays, almost like a second home for me.

Very cool Midnight Express, I would also love to find one to put in the garage.

Back