• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

78 D150- driver's side window doesn't roll all the way down?

78d150

Reaction score
Hey guys! Forgive me if this is an easy answer but I've searched and can't find anything. My new-to-me 1978 D150 single cab's driver's side manual window doesn't roll all the way down to where it would be flush with the door frame. It rolls up and down fine, but stops with about 1/2-1" of window sticking up from the door. This is really annoying, as I like to drive with my arm resting on the window sill, and can't really do that with it sticking up. Anybody have a video or good explanation of how to fix? The passenger's side rolls all the way down flush.

Look and see if there is a window stop at the bottom of the door, maybe it's adjustable if there is one.

Hey, that's cool! I also just bought a 1978 D150 single cab online from a dealership that provide an inspection report. This was helpful in assessing the car's condition before I bought it. Anyway, about your window problem: it sounds like your window regulator is out of alignment or worn out. You can try adjusting the regulator or replacing it if necessary. There are many videos and tutorials online that can show you how to do this.

Back