• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

68 d100 big block project truck

moparmorrell

Reaction score
here's my most recent project i picked up, it is a 68 d200 with d100 leafs and rearend and such, so basically it's a d100. the truck was once fixed up and restored 10 plus years ago, which really makes life easier on me, lol. the truck has a 69' 383 that has been built pretty well, BUT i was told that the motor had spun the number 7 rod bearing. BUT luckily after tearing the motor down all that is wrong with it is a bent valve, but that's expected when you have a 525 lift cam and stock springs. the motor has flat top pistons i think zero decked but dont quote me, holley street dominator intake, double roller chain, and the massive cam, and i dont remember what carb nothing special. it has a 8 3/4 rearend not sure what the gears are yet. the interior has 68 barracuda seats and console. someone made a roll pan "kind of" for it and hacked the tailgate on it. unfortunately it still has a acquired the typical rocker rust and the floor pans need replaced they were done incorrectly the first time. well as of right now im working on the heads to try and get the truck running again and possible paint the engine bay before putting the motor back in, and then as i get parts just slowly fix the truck up if i had my own garage i could probaly do things faster, but hey im doing the best with what i got, borrowing garages and such when i can. got many more plans for the future, i already have another parts truck so that helps. not a bad truck for a 1000 and the parts truck was a few hundred. ill update as i make progress. thanks for looking

p.s. the pic with the truck on the trailer being towed by a ford was of the old owners we used a mopar, just saying. mopar or no car.
ANDY 010.jpgANDY 246.jpgANDY 249.jpgANDY 250.jpgANDY 264.jpg

ANDY 010.jpg

ANDY 246.jpg

ANDY 249.jpg

ANDY 250.jpg

ANDY 264.jpg

NICE truck moparmorrel ! Looking forward to seeing your progress with it .

thank you everyone for the complomints, i to like the color but since i'll have to replace the rockers, the truck will need to be repainted and i thimk im going to change the color, the tail gate was cut and the hinges removed but it's still attached by the locking mechanisms and it rocks around and it comes off with a screwdriver, i was thinking about welding in a mesh grill so it doesnt rock around or weld in a whole tailgate and go for a no seam look.

love them old dodge trucks i had 1 back in high school in the mid 80,s had a 318 with a three on the tree fun trk to drive trade it to a buddy and he drove it til the doors literaly fell off good luck with yours it looks pretty good other than hacked tailgate.

love them old dodge trucks i had 1 back in high school in the mid 80,s had a 318 with a three on the tree fun trk to drive trade it to a buddy and he drove it til the doors literaly fell off good luck with yours it looks pretty good other than hacked tailgate.

trust me the tailgate is going, plus how can I keep anything in the back when I'm showing up some kid in his honda :becky:

Well to keep everyone updated on the progress of the truck i have some good news and some bad (well for me it is) the bad is however built this motor didnt know what they were doing, tore down the motor completly the other weekend to discover that the pistons were all scratch to sh@$t, after talking to the guy who bores and hot tanks and such my motors told me that they had put forged pistons in but didnt leave enough clearence for them and they expand,so you you get were im going with. Anyways the good news is ill have a rebuilt fresh motor done right, just wish it was easier on the ol' wallet.

Back