• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

65 Dodge Wheel options.

Choochoo

Reaction score
What can I do to spice up these factory wheels? Baby moon cap sizes, Rims, Beauty rings . I find a lot online but not sure what fits please any suggestions? I am on a budget so keep it within reason.lol

130905_004.jpg

130905_004.jpg

I agree with demulsion a set of poverty caps [dog dishes] would look killer on that and I personally would paint the wheels body color, that should fit into any ones budget, white letter tires would finish off the look when tire purchase time came.

Im Down with that Look...Thanks Gents. ill experiment with some caps and Flat paints.

hmmm. what size? I have 15-7. 5 -4.5 bolt pattern wheels. found a number of different poverty dishes and hubcaps that are slick. just seems like some don't fit do I need 9.5 poverty dish or 10inch? Any help would be welcome.

I'm a strictly "no wheel covers/trim rings" kind of guy myself, but I've had to lessen my stance... The previous owner of my '68 D100 had poverty caps on the black steelies (stock steelies front, cop wheels out back) and I've grown to like the look. The truck has lots of bright-work on it, so it ties in well (and they're tight enough that I'm certain they won't fall off).
IMG_6460.jpg

As far as what size? The ones I see online that match the style that are on my truck are 9". It will be this weekend before I will be able to pull one off and measure to double check.

That's funny "demulsion" . I was thinking of him just keeping the black wheels maybe with some chrome lug nuts but I thought he needed a little deeper wheel in the back and I couldn't think of what wheel would look good but also look stock . The cop wheels are a great choice ! And now that I see your truck with the dog dish's , I kinnda like that look too . I think that set up would look really good on his step side !

I want simple but effective. Im my own look type of guy . The Poverty Caps rock. The wheel options in my price range suck so some type of old hubcap's from a real cool Car, poverty caps and some Spacers and so forth. Keep it cheep and innovative. lol

You can get 16" steel from an Intrepid or Concorde and with the right tires make it look better in the stance.

They will fit but they will be WAY inside the fenders. The old school type with a good backset will fill that fenderwell with tires and wheels. My caps are the factory ones that came on these new, they ARE Baby Moons. Some surface rust but should polish up well. Looking for a pic, send when I find it.

Last edited:
You can get 16" steel from an Intrepid or Concorde and with the right tires make it look better in the stance.

Those are front wheel drive, so the offset is going to be all wrong. Also, are they a metric bolt pattern, I'm not sure? That does remind me, though. F**d Mustang / Crown Vic / Ranger / F150 and possibly more were rear wheel drive with 5 on 4.5" bolt circle. I know '96-'05 on the Crown Vic work ('95 and earlier fit, but are only 15s), not sure years on the others. If you have one of those u-pull-it yards local that don't care what car it came off of, you might be able to score some decent wheels for cheap. Mustang 5 spoke wheels are popular for this. The hub register hole in the center is slightly too small on F**d wheels, but a few minutes with the die grinder opens them right up. (I'm running stock Crown Vic 16x7 steelies on my '76 Dart. I over payed at $50 ea because I needed them right now kind of deal) Hope that helps.

That's great Info and Thanks . im still kicking around different ideas. I want wide fender filling wheels, On the low side of medium tire height. No bling, But definitely something different.

IMG_2104.jpg Personally I think a set of black steel wheels with a reverse offset would look killer on that truck . To bad the only extra set of chrome reverse wheels I have are 14's and you want 15's . I've posted this picture of my Warlock in the thread I started but take a look at the how the chrome reverse fills the rear fenders . I think something like that wheel but black would be perfect !

IMG_2104.jpg

WOW! That's a Mean Rig!!! I love that. It has a Great Look going on. those wheels are awesome! that's what im looking for something different. im still learning the offsets I need for Various projects going on here. Along with the 65 Dodge I have a 97 Nissan im doing up and a MG Midget racer. Thanks for the Info and the Great Pic Bear.

LOL , Thanks "Choochoo" ! I kinda thought that's the look you were looking for . I think I have another picture of the Warlock with those wheels on the front as well in my thread "Just when you think your done" if you want to see what it looks like front and rear ..... You know how to measure off the drum to figure out what off set wheel to run right ?
WOW! That's a Mean Rig!!! I love that. It has a Great Look going on. those wheels are awesome! that's what im looking for something different. im still learning the offsets I need for Various projects going on here. Along with the 65 Dodge I have a 97 Nissan im doing up and a MG Midget racer. Thanks for the Info and the Great Pic Bear.

Back