• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

`64 overhaul

406Rich

Reaction score
Well sinse I posted on the newbie forum I started my overhaul, a little briefing, bought the truck in `93, did a quick paint, engine trans swap...been driving it ever sinse with just maintenance. during several periods added power steering and power drum. Now I`m adding rear tank actually for a 49-52 chevy set up for FI later on and sway bar from the front of a `93 camaro, 1 1/8th .. had to change rear springs as mine were too low.. I still use my truck so I had ordered a set of HD 4-drop springs for the rear from CPP. I have the worst time posting pics on here...can somebody give me a clue...
DSCF0297_zps2cd993db.jpg

Last edited:
New springs are in but I overlooked my shocks, the current shocks were wrong to begin with, too long, so I did a little measuring and went to the monroe shock database:typing:

http://www.monroe.com/assets/downloads/english/08_MountingLengthSheet.pdf

came up with PN 34904 gas shock which has a collasped lenght of 11 5/8 and extended lenght of 17 11/16 thus giving me a working lenght in the middle of just over 6 inches....found them on evilpay for 26 each.....now I just need to replace rear cover seal and pinion seal. and brake flex line, and everything will go together then. Its amazing how you started one small project and then it snowballs...:target:

Back