• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

64 cab mount bushings

5.7 hemi

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get the cab mount bushings? Or maybe what size they are? All I can find is for a 72 and no earlier. Thanks!!

That's a good question . I know I can get poly bushings for 72 and up but I'm not sure about pre 72 . When I get a chance I'll do some digging around and see if I can find something or someone for you .

Sweet!! Thanks for looking a I haven't found anything. Maybe someone knows the size and that would be cool also.

There's a member here called "demulsion" that seems to know a lot about those year trucks . Not to volunteer him but he might be able to answer a lot of questions for you .

Like a lot of things for these trucks, they're not available... If you're a member over at sweptline dot org, look in the member build threads for a crew cab build by nfury8. I'm pretty sure he modified some of the 72up mounts to work, but I don't remember off hand. Hope that helps.

I think that I will get some for a 72 and shim of cut off as necessary.

Thanks fellas for your input!!

Thanks "demulsion" . I didn't mean to volunteer you but I thought you would be the best person to help him out .
Like a lot of things for these trucks, they're not available... If you're a member over at sweptline dot org, look in the member build threads for a crew cab build by nfury8. I'm pretty sure he modified some of the 72up mounts to work, but I don't remember off hand. Hope that helps.

Thanks "demulsion" . I didn't mean to volunteer you but I thought you would be the best person to help him out .

No problem, bear! That's why I'm here, to help out when I can.

5.7 Hemi, I'm trying to access the thread I referenced, so I might have more detailed info in a day or two.

I forgot that he needed about a 1/2" body lift to clear the drivetrain... But I did glean some info for you:

"The Lifestyle trucks are about 1/4" shorter in the rear and thicker in the front."

"I called Energy Suspension and they pointed me to ONE
distributor that they allow to purchase individual bushings, instead of kits.
I spent most of the day pouring over the info and have decided that the
72-93 Lifestyle trucks have the most compatible body mounts. Yeah!
The rear mount is the only one that is really anything, the others are
just belting from the factory. The Kit is 5-4101 and the rear mount
is 4094 for the top and 4096 for the bottom. The top diameter is 2.39",
and it is 1.38" tall. The shoulder that fits in the frame is 1.145" diameter,
and I measure the hole in my frame as 1.1875". The hole in the bushing is
0.7", the bolts are .5", so a thin sleeve could be used if wanted. The Bottom
piece is 2.417" in diameter and 1.555" thick. That all measures up really
close to the bushings I pulled out and should fit OK.

The kit also includes front cab mounts that are 0.94" thick, and 4 pucks
that are 1.94" in diameter, have 0.67" holes and are 0.495" thick for
use on the front core support. To the best of my calculations and based on
the bushings I pulled out, if the complete kit was used as directed, the truck
should receive about a 1/4" body lift, compared to before. However, I need
an extra 1/2" to 3/4" more to get the tunnel safely clear of the relocated
transfer case. So aluminum spacers will be fashioned and some extra
shimming may be needed on the front mounts."

Hope that helps.

Back