• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

64 C-10 questions

Big Jim

Reaction score
Site newbie here, just starting frame-up restoration of my best friend's 64 long bed. Going to be a daily driver, so my first concern is safety. IIRC, the front disc and power steering set-up from a 72 is a bolt in. Just need info from one of you that have done it if I can use MC/booster/prop valve/linkage from the donor truck so it stops right. Any suggestions for F/R swaybars? Thanks in advance for any info, really looking forward to bringing this old truck back to life!

Jim welcome to the site, I`m a newbie here as well but not to 60`s chevy trucks, you can use `67 to `86 chevy entire front cross members complete, just need to drill two new holes for the exisiting bolts in the donor truck, grab everything, power steering, column, master, booster. You`ll need to order the front frame plate to reinforce the left frame horn under the steering box from LMC, Chevy Duty, CPP, The front sway bar anything and including a one ton chevy will bolt up to your truck, for most the latter is sought after, just grab the links and mounts, replace the rubber and your done. You`ll need to build an adapter plate to position the booster in the right place so you wouldn`t have to drill new holes,( as shows in pic) and lengthen or shorten your brake pedal rod as needed to get full pedal travel ito brake cylinder. good luck
attachment.php.jpg

Last edited:
attachment.jpg

Not sure what happened but my thread disappeared, anyways grab the entire front cossmember complete, you`ll need to drill two new holes to install, grab everything from the donor truck, Master, booster, prop valve, column...( most people want the 67 to 76 column Cleaner looking) steering box, you`ll need to order the reinforcing plate for the steering box to strengthen the frame LMC, Chevy Duty, CPP they all carry them, You will also need a booster adapter to make everything line up as seen here, just makes life easier...the only other thing is that the brake pedal rod will need to be lengthened, also note GM had two sizes of discs, one inch and heavy duty 1.25 ...... just for your info. Brake booster adapter shown. Good luck with your project.
attachment.php.jpg

that would be a 67-87 commplete front end or up to 91 if from a 2WD full size blazer or suburban. the column would up to 83- because in 84 they went to the multiswitch on stalk and got bulky. Crossy

Back