• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

64-65 D-100 Sweptline CSS/HPP photos

Ordered new tail light lenses with gaskets, cut the rust out of the front of the hood and finally confirmed that my Dana 60 is a one wheeler peeler...now looking for a sure grip. Also, parts are slowly coming in for my stroker 5.7, so the stock 5.7 in my 64 Polara 500 is going in the truck. New front shocks should be here anytime, still looking for the rears.

Ordered new tail light lenses with gaskets, cut the rust out of the front of the hood and finally confirmed that my Dana 60 is a one wheeler peeler...now looking for a sure grip. Also, parts are slowly coming in for my stroker 5.7, so the stock 5.7 in my 64 Polara 500 is going in the truck. New front shocks should be here anytime, still looking for the rears.

sounds like the blue girl is coming along rather nicely...

The hood metal is super thin and tack welding in the patches is just causing me to chase pin hole after pin hole. So I'm gonna finish with brazing the pin holes.

Thinking of putting in a rack and pinion, manual steering is a pain! The wife can't turn the wheel at a stop.

I just need to find a rack that is the right length and make a mounting bar for it. Im gonna keep it real simple and I think a rack off a Ram 1/2 ton will do nicely.

Thinking of putting in a rack and pinion, manual steering is a pain! The wife can't turn the wheel at a stop.

Is it a rear steer, with lower ball joint arms pointing to the rear of the car, the drag link is rear of the front axle center line, like an Omni RR Charger etc. {where the rack turn in the opposite direction of a front steer car} or a front steer like an old Pinto/Mustang II ?? I just cant remember... I wonder if you could swap the lower ball joint arms left to right & visa versa & use a front steer rack & lengthen the steering column shaft, & mount the rack in the area, in front of the oil pan that way, possibly ?? not sure if it would work or not, not sure if you have enough room or not either, I haven't been under one of those 60-early 70's, D-100/200 2 WD/RWD trucks in years now...

The rack is gonna wait awhile. Found a disc conversion from scarebird and looking into doing that. Ordered front wheel cylinder kits, new dual circuit master, front brake hoses, and have a lot of new tubing redo the lines. Some dummy ran a line right under the trans, so I'm gonna have fun tearing out all that cluster, lol!

Back