• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

57 doge d100

grizz

Reaction score
i recently picked up a 57 for my next project. i found it in michigan but the truck was originally from texas. im putting a 400 chrysler bb and 727 . im in process of replacing metal to the firewall to make room for the bb. im having trouble locating a decent gas tank and also looking for ideas for disc brakes for the front. Picture 320.jpgPicture 346.jpg

Picture 320.jpg

Picture 346.jpg

ty , i thought about that , and i might . i was on ebay and seen a alum, tank that is real close to original size and has a threaded nipple for a fill cap location. i still have time before i decide which way to go. closing in the firewall and fabing in the tunnel for the shifter and emergency brake handle . i see your from indiana also. we got about 3 inches yesterday. i deer hunt in laport ,i hope the woods got some snow also.

we had about 1/2 inch but it melted, but laporte might have got more than us. I live 5 blocks away from lake michigan and most times we get burried in snow but we havent yet, today was our first snow.

Your truck will look pretty nice when done grizz! If you replace your weatherstripping and window felt's,let me know who or were you got them. My big '71 CN-800 uses the same style cab and doors and I'm looking to replace them down the road.

John

ty john, i have a local guy that did my 41 glass he is retired and thats all he does is streetrod glass. i have to take out the glass to prep for paint so i will get his number for you if you want.

i had to cut the firewall to allow the 400 bb room for the new alum. radiator. so i started the sheet metal work to close up the firewall and install a tunnel from a doner mustang that i will be using the shifter and emergency brake. the mustang center console and the radio will be between the bucket seats. Picture 359.jpg

Picture 359.jpg

Nice truck "Grizz" , and I like that your going with the big block . How far back did you have to go into the fire wall to make it fit ?

Your frame and core support looks very similar to the setup on my 42. You said you found a new alum radiator for yours? How well does it compare to the original radiator as far as size and fit goes? Are you going to have room for a regular fan or you going to have to go electric?

the radiator is a champion series ec3132 .2 row core with a tranny cooler. 20" wide and 26 1/2 tall. all the outlets are lined up for mopar.cools up to 450 hp. i have set it in the frame and the clearance looks great. im planning to use the original clutch fan system. it comes with mounting tabs on the sides but im going to set it in rubber cradles and have rubber mounts for the top.

i see that kit you speak of. im undecided on it. i really like the original front axle look and i found a power steering box to work . so im still trying to find some power steering brackets for my pump so i can get some hoses made. ihave the week off and i wil take some new pics.

:yo: Enjoying watching this nice old Dodge truck build, memike (me) likes these so hard to find Mopar trucks to build, looking great :thumb:

Nice truck. Why did you decide to keep the original frame instead of putting the body onto a more modern frame?

Back