• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

4 in. lift

stan saas

Reaction score
has anyone ever wanted a lift but kept thinking it would somehow ruin the truck ya know milage - driveline - suspension etc. - that is why i`m hesitant i have a 2013 f150 supercrew 4x4 -

There a realistic was of doing it right if thats what you want. But how many times a day you climb in and out of it a day and whom else rides in it should be looked at.
My F250 super duty at stock heght is enough for two old people.

yea talking about old i just turned 70 and anytime my knee could go bad so that`s what i keep thinking about and my wife`s knee`s aren`t the best but man it would have been nice !!!!!

There's a guy here with a Ford Highboy, and his wife's side has two steps so she can get in and out! I still plan on installing a lift on my '72, but I'll be the only one getting in and out of it.

My Dodge was lifted about 5" plus 33" tires, I hate running boards and steps so I ripped out a few pair of jeans.
I've got 265/70/17 Goodyear's on my stock Expedition and that's all the height I need.

I have never seen the need for huge tires and lift kits. Especially on trucks that never leave the pavement. Even off the pavement that extra height and big tire can be more hindrance than help.
That and I am to old and tired to be climbing out of the darn things.

Especially on trucks that never leave the pavement.
That's exactly what the truck getting the lift and tires will do, be a tar baby. I want a truck that is setup like the ones I saw growing up. I'm too old for the mud and the cleaning that comes with it, but still want that look, it gets me every time I see a truck that did it right.

Got to bored to sit any longer this afternoon and went and mowed for about 1.5 hrs.. For doing no more than sitting steering and moving the hydro level that was long enough. Total recovery is going to take some time and I have no desire for more hospital time. Its not so much the stay but the 4 hours of medication twice a day. My right arm will take weeks to recover.
At least the weather has been a nice and decent in 70's.

Back