• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

230 Engine 1957 Dodge D200 Truck

Please help it's driving crazy the motor runs great dipstick tube just drips

• Oil dipstick tube

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Or replace dipstick and tube or fix

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
image.jpeg
The Dipstick tube is leaking down the oil pan should I fix it or Replace it or how to fix it thank you

...how bad is your ocd? If you can easily remove the tube from the block then thoroughly clean the parts and stick it back together with something like Permatex #1.
You might also ask the guys over at www.p15-d24.com

It drips every day.wayfarer I will try that I am working write now.Thank you for response I will let you know in the next few days

First thing I have to ask is , Where is the leak coming from ? Is the tube split ? Is it coming from the base , where the tube go's into the engine . Is it coming from the breather cap ? Where is the oil leaking from on the tube ?

I hate to say it . But I think the pan is going to have to come off for any type of permanent fix . :(

Yeah , But unless it's a new pan and not a used one , then I bet there's a good chance that , that one would leak too . I'd pull the pan and see if it was spot welded on or if it had stud's to keep it on ( I'm thinking studs ) . I tried looking up gasket kits to see if there was a gasket that went behind there , but couldn't find one . If it did have studs , then you could take it apart and either use some gasket material or permatex to seal it and then put it back together . ... I "think" you have enough room to pull the pan without having to jack up the motor or remove anything else . So it shouldn't be to bad to do .

Yeah, I was thinking that the tube went into the block...your leak is certainly not that.
The pic seems to indicate that the tube mount is spot welded to the pan so as others have said the pan will have to come off to be properly sealed. I'd look for another pan so the turn time will be minutes instead of days.
If you have to fix your pan then plan on a hot-tank soak to get the interface clean then force 'something' into the gap and/or maybe a coat of JB weld around on the inside....maybe a few more spot welds?

Back