• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

2011 ram water leak

mopar56

Reaction score
anyone have any water leak issues on newer Rams? we just went through a massive west coast storm where I live and I lifted the rear seat today to get something out from the storage pocket, ( this is a 2011 ram quad cab) and the pocket was full of water so the storm is over and I will go investigate today but looking for any tsb's or places to look, thanks

so I had a look today and sucked out the water with a shop vac looks like its coming from the rear slider, after I tested it with a garden hose I could see it entering on the d/s of the slider in the middle part so I will clean the felts and re-test hopefully that will take care of it.

I was just going to suggest checking the slider but it sounds like you found the problem area . You beat me to it ! lol

yeah thanks, I had my son spray some water at it while I was inside and could see it coming in, Funny I really dont use the slider much, they were always an important feature when I had reg cabs but with the quads and especially with air conditioning I rarely use it I think the felt is just a little stiff I will clean it and see what happens

well after some more investigation and reading it seems this is a huge problem with these trucks and most of the leaks stem from the third brake lite or the rear slider, it seems they may or may not be drains for the slider that can be cleaned, the dealer I spoke with told me to go home, google it and clean the drains but most threads on the forums I have read say there arnt any? anyone know of any T.S.B,S?

Back