• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

2 weeks with the granddaughters

LocuMob

Fluid Technician
Reaction score
We've had the granddaughters for the last 2 weeks and have been busy! A quick rundown of how we kept them on their toes:

Como zoo: A free zoo in St. Paul that has quite the assortment of animals. Zebras, Giraffes, Gorillas, Orangutans and other primates, seals/sea lions, Lions,Tigers and a Polar Bear, among other birds turtles and assorted creatures. We always donate more than the suggested

Cafesjian’s Carousel: They have an antique carousel on the property, built in 1914. Music came from a Wurlitzer 153 band organ. I thought the carousel was pretty cool. It's been fully restored, it weighs 30 tons.

Water park hotel: We stayed at a hotel that has pools and a spa in the center of the hotel, with rooms surrounding them. We got one with a sliding door on the ground floor so the kids could scamper out to the pool area. Did some swimming lessons with the 5 year old and everyone had fun.

Mall of America: Part of the hotel deals included wristbands for the kids at the Nickelodeon amusement park in the mall. We did some quick shopping before going on the rides. Did the Ferris wheel, and the main roller coaster with the 5 year old, while Laura went on rides with the 2 year old. Once again, fun was had by all.

Outlet mall! Went and got school clothes for a certain little girl. People are nuts in search of savings, that's all I have to say.

Laura and I pawned off the kids to the other grandma so we could go watch the Minnesota Golden Gophers football team play in their new stadium. It was fun to watch football outside, and the weather was awesome. Grandma #2 called us up and gave us the girls back a day early, she's a trooper.

Renaissance festival: Always a fun time, we went for the girls to enjoy, the 2 year old went for her first time and took it all in very well. Plenty of weirdos dressed up in strange garb, us included. One was in a Repunzle freestyle, the other, some sort of bee, with no wings! Another beautiful day and the girls enjoyed themselves.

They were pretty good, and we tried to get them a little more disciplined with bedtimes and such. I forget what parents give up by having children, it's constant work. They were happy to see Mom and Dad return from their cruise, (Carmen del Playa, Cozumel, Rotan Honduras) and we all went to the local drive in for supper. A busy time with them indeed, they got spoiled, as any grandchild should be, and went home happy. I wonder what's in store for their next long term stay.

At that age they're a hoot, but after years without they can wear your butt ragged in a hurry. Don't know that I could survive having a pair of 'em for that long anymore, I've turned into an old fart.

It was a lot more draining than I thought it would be. It was good though, and I needed it too. But yeah, I am glad I didn't have children, sounds corny, but once I had my my second old car, I knew I wasn't going to have any kids. Nothing against them, but it just wasn't my thing. I do love the grandkids and my nephews and wouldn't trade the at for anything.

Back