• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

1990 Dodge Dakota Convertible

Status
Not open for further replies.

streetmachine

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hello, all I figure I would list my truck here for a change. I hate having to sell it but, I just put a down payment on another vehicle of interest. Anyways, about the truck. It is 1990 Dodge Dakota Convertible; 1 of 909 built in 1990. It is a red 2wd with no A/C, power windows and locks, and bucket seats. Truck currently has 99,174 original miles. Runs and drives great.

I've owned the truck almost two years and have invested a substantial amount of money into the truck. Things to mention is that the truck has completely new brakes front to back which include:

All new hoses, all new lines, calipers, hardware, pads, shoes, axle seals, wheel bearings, e-brake cable, brake switch, and brake booster. They work excellent and the rear ABS has worked well the two times I've needed it.

Moving on the truck has all new KYB Excel G shocks with new hardware, new front end bushings and end links, new tie rod ends, and a new steering rack with new power steering hoses. Also, just had a 4 wheel alignment performed on the truck. Additionally, the tires are newer and have a plenty of tread left. Drives really nice.

Other things that have been done to the truck is the truck does have a newer top on it with no tears or fading. The truck has an aftermarket Magnaflow 2.5" single exhaust and catalytic converter. The truck also has an aftermarket sound system with a small subwoofer and amp. I have installed new foglights with LED bulbs. I have also began restoring the frame and rust proofing the frame along with installing new cab hardware and bushings.

The truck has a new fuel pump and tune up items have been addressed which means, new cap, rotor, wires, etc. Transmission serviced with new filter and ATF+4. Rear axle serviced with Amsoil gear lube. Engine oil recently changed and converted to semi-synthetic. Belts and hoses, thermostat have been changed. New valve cover gaskets installed. The engine runs great and the transmission shifts great as well. Was rebuilt prior to my ownership.

The bad things about the truck is couple of spots of rust in the rocker in the bottom lip. One is the size of the credit card and the other is on the passenger about the size of a half dollar. Bottom of passenger door has surface rust but, not horrible. Other than that the truck is solid to include the bed and front fenders and bumpers. Has a couple of dents and scratches but, the paint is original on the truck and still shines great. Some minor fading on the hood but, typical of these era vehicles.

Interior is in good shape overall. The steering wheel leather is the worse culprit along with the one bucket having a minor tear but, easily fixable. Also, note I do have another steering wheel in better shape if someone is interested.

Overall, this is a great truck and I'm taking a huge loss on it. I have the receipts for the work done and I'm sure I am forgetting some other things that I have done to the truck as well. I do have some spare parts to go with the truck like the factory wheels and center caps, decals, factory jack and storage bin if interested. That being said the price I am asking for the truck is $5000 or best offer. The truck is located near Kokomo, Indiana. If interested please PM me with any questions you have might have. Thank you for your interest.

Here's a couple of pictures of the truck. Just wanted to note everything works on the truck as it should including the windows, locks, and fog lights. IMG_0997.jpgIMG_1074.jpg

IMG_0997.jpg

IMG_1074.jpg

Okay last ones. These are of the bed and underneath. I haven't finished the frame yet but, it looks pretty good. I think they originally Ziebarted the frame on this truck. IMG_0984.jpgIMG_0990.jpg If you have any more questions or want more information just contact me. Thank you.

IMG_0984.jpg

IMG_0990.jpg

I just wanted to mention I need to have this truck gone by the end of the month. I looking for offers. Somewhat flexible in pricing but, please no lowballs offers. Thank you.

Hello, I still have the truck. If I can't sell the truck in a couple of weeks I'm highly considering junking/abandoning this truck on a family member's property if this doesn't sell soon.

streetmachine have you tried listing it on eBay? It is a cool rare truck and looks to be in good shape! I would think at the very least a Mopar fan would jump on it!

Thank you both. You know, I have had it listed on eBay several times and will once a month from here on out. It's been close as far as bids but, not close enough. Part of the problem is that people don't have as much money these days even though $4500 doesn't buy you much. I also have it listed on several other sites with interest but, no hard bites as of yet. I hate selling it to a point but, as I said I need something that functions better for me and down my alley. Plus I've tied up a lot of money into this truck. You couldn't build one for what I have into this parts and labor wise. I guess I'll see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back