• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

1989 Dodge Shelby Dakota

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrangeDustr

Reaction score
Contact seller
This is my Father-in-laws 89 Shelby Dakota that he's looking to sell. It is #1153 out of 1500 made and one of 480 white ones built. It currently has 137,995 miles on it. Runs well with the Shelby installed 318,auto,sure-grip rear. Needs little TLC otherwise a nice driver. Has aftermarket Pioneer stereo,chrome air cleaner and Mopar Performance valve covers but he has all the original parts (radio,air cleaner,valve covers). He also has the original Shelby wheels. All of these parts will come with this truck when it sells. Located in Ft.Chiswell,Va (24360) just off of I-81/I-77. Would like to get $5500 out of it.

100_0493.jpg

100_0484.jpg

100_0485.jpg

100_0488.jpg

100_0491.jpg

100_0492.jpg

Thanks, what # is yours? Dad-in-law has a red one as well but I can't remember its number. He also has a 89 Dakota Convertible, Red w/ Black convertible top, 2 wd, 3.9 V6. He mentioned maybe selling the red Shelby sometime down the road but not sure if he will.

Thanks, what # is yours? Dad-in-law has a red one as well but I can't remember its number. He also has a 89 Dakota Convertible, Red w/ Black convertible top, 2 wd, 3.9 V6. He mentioned maybe selling the red Shelby sometime down the road but not sure if he will.
Mines number 1091...

IMG_0007.jpg

Who's 1980 F-Body is in the first picture?

That's mine. Actually I'm getting ready to take some pix and post it for sale when I get it cleaned up some. I've got too many projects myself and need to do some "housecleaning". It's a 79 Aspen with the "Sunrise" package. Aluminum wheels,Super Six,auto.Needs some work to be really nice but I had been driving it daily about 45 miles round trip to work before inspection ran out in Oct. Needs exhaust,gas gauge quit working,horn quit working,just several piddly things. No rust issues with it just some dents,dings. I don't have room to get it inside out of the weather and I'm afraid it's just going to go down hill if I leave it sitting out. Bought a new Challenger back in Aug.,have a Duster drag car and a Scamp project so need to try to move something before the wife starts selling things for me.:laugh:

Last edited:
I feel old. I remember looking at these trucks when they were brand new on the dealership lot.

Yeah I know, I was actually overseas in the military when these came out so I didn't get to see any on the lots. I am old enough to remember a Little Red Express at our local Dodge dealers lot when they came out.

Bump.Father in law still has this truck for sale.Also has a red Shelby for sale as well as a 89 Dakota 2wd convertible.Red w/ black convertible top 3.9V6. PM me if interested in either one of those for more details and photos.Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back