• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

1985 Dodge W150 fun!

With a little perserverance turn signal switches can be taken apart and cleaned. No way was I giving that kind of money for a turn signal switch. Everything worked but the brake lights. $65 get real.

I wouldn't get too worried about the 1.6 ohms on the coil. Not bad enough for me to replace. On the plugs you say that they are black. Are they glazed? If gas fouled it WILL NOT run. Used to have many cars towed in like that in cold weather. A set of plugs and away they went

Well, the coil that was in the truck was bad, no spark. Tried an old coil I had laying around from my tractor. Got a spark from that. It was weak, but a spark none the less. So I ordered the "correct" coil. It came in with all the oil that is supposed to be inside the coil, everywhere but there. Contacted the seller and they sent out a new one no questions asked. So later today, I will be installing that. If still not firing. I will take a picture of a spark plug for you all to see. I don't have enough experience / knowledge to properly diagnose if the plug is still good or not, or if I have a different issue.

Well the saga of BS parts continue. The new plug wires I received at first glance looked great. That was until I tried to take the Number 1 plug wire off. I wasn't getting spark so I was going to try to find TDC, and make sure everything lined up, and I didn't somehow bump the distributer in all the fun that's been going on around here. Anyways, when I tried to pull off the ignition wire from the plug, the terminal inside the plug wire was still on the plug. Along with the outer insulation from the ignition wire. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. I pulled all the wires off, 1 at a time and ohmed them out. only three were good. Eff my life. Contacted the seller and he said all sales final. POS, I hate people like that. So frustrated right now. I had to walk away. Now I'm on the computer seeing what I can find.

Back