1. Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

1980 A/C Condensor / Truck

General Ford Truck Discussions

1. oldfolksmopar

oldfolksmoparActive Member

Hello again, I am looking for a A/C condenser for my truck. The one I have has broken lines on it. I'm not sure , but it could possibly be repaired. I can't find a new one, so I am wondering if anyone knows what years would have the same configuration as far as line hook up goes. Junk yards around here do not have this old of vehicles laying around. It would be a pain to ship something like this as well.

Also, what will it take to change this system over to 134? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. Polara_500

Polara_500Well-Known Member

If you've got a picture or two of what yours looks like it may be easier to match up others. I have a couple around here, but none came out of an 80 truck.

3. oldfolksmopar

oldfolksmoparActive Member

Thanks 500, I can take a pic, but it would be a while before I could get to it. I may have a cure. I might be able to flare the end where it broke and just have the flexible lines extended to the length I need. Thanks for the response.

4. Polara_500

Polara_500Well-Known Member

The line on the one in my 65 Polara broke years ago, that was fixed by a repair shop by shortening the tubes and replacing the fitting, wasn't too costly either and it's still holding freon 30 years later.......

5. 65 sporty

65 sportyWell-Known Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.